Golden Star (Wassa) Limited Latest Job
Job Title: PLANNING ENGINEER – G6 (OPEN-PIT)
Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, (a member of Chifeng Gold Group), is a gold mining company situated at Akyempim in the Wassa East District of the Western Region, Golden Star is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, marital status, race, nationality, religious belief, ethnicity, disability, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements, which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Golden Star is committed to maintaining a safe, inclusive and rewarding work environment where every individual is treated with respect. This includes fair employment practices that are in accordance with our Policy on Human Rights and United Nations Global Compact principles.
Golden Star is a responsible employer and may conduct screening checks and assessment so as to support informed decision-making on hiring, promotion and development opportunities.
A vacancy exists at the Technical Services Department for the position of PLANNING ENGINEER – G6 (OPEN-PIT)
To prepare and issue short to medium term mine plans for execution by Mine Operations at Wassa and HBB
The role accountabilities are stated below:
- Firstly, Collate and report mining production reports for Wassa and HBS.
- Secondly, Ensure that mining operations are carried out according to the designed parameters to achieve the pit crest, toes, berms, dump limits.
- Thirdly, Setup and monitor database for the compilation of equipment statistics and Key Parameter Index.
- Moreover, Collate and report equipment conditions and maintenance downtime data.
- Additionally, Prepare waste dump plans and schedules
- Furthermore, Prepare mining plans and schedules showing areas to be mined (ie, including tonnes and grade of materials expected).
- More so, Ensure that all production documentation and reports are correct, accurate and are delivered timely.
- Finally, Undertake pits and waste dumps design variations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have minimum of BSc Mining Engineer or equivalent certificate
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the mining industry in the similar position.
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- To begin with, Proficiency in mine planning computer software, preferably Surpac and Minesched.
- Then, Good understanding in geotechnical principles
- Also, Must be conversant with heavy equipment earth moving applications. Excellent skills in job analysis and report writing
- Moreover, Good interpersonal skills with high degree of teamwork
- In addition, Good organizational and management skills
- Besides that, Proven commitment and integrity
- Thereafter, Ensure compliance with GSR policy and procedures on pre-start checks, ‘Takes 5’ and other safety and environmental standards
- Afterwards, Must show solid understanding of fundamental safety management systems and demonstrate high safety performance in previous job assignments.
- Last but not least, Mincom certification will be an added advantage
- Finally, Must be a holder of a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License Class C
How to Apply for this Golden Star (Wassa) Limited Latest Job
Interested applicants should submit applications to [email protected] or the address below, and follow the application guidelines below:
HR & ADMINISTRATION SUPERINTENDENT
GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
P. O. Box 16075, KIA, ACCRA
The closing date for submission of applications is Friday August 26, 2022
Females are encouraged to apply.
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED