A Ghanaian registered mining company which is a subsidiary of an international mining group with operations across West Africa seeks to recruit high caliber staff for its mining project located in the Western North Region.
Job Title: Engineering Manager Department: Engineering
Reports To: Operations Manager
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and Manage Underground and Surface Engineering Maintenance and Services.
- Ensure adherence to standards, processes, systems and procedures.
- Direct the execution planning, design, engineering, procurement, costing, scheduling and construction activities by coordinating efforts of various internal departments, project development teams and outside consulting resources.
- Execute intermediate and long-term strategies and ensure strategies are concretely linked to the organization’s overall business strategy.
- Clearly define targets and set priorities for the Engineering team in line with the Company’s overall objectives. Lead execution of strategies in electrical, mechanical and civil engineering to enhance current practices and performances.
- Develop systems & measures that appropriately assess engineering performance and review progress to ensure achievement of targets.
- Set performance targets and measures, monitor and manage the overall performance of the department and direct staff.
- Work closely with department heads of the company, including senior management.
- Oversee development of proposals and cost estimates; estimates business needs, including equipment, materials and personnel; schedule work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Provide engineering expertise and advice to the Operations Manager and production team with respect to all aspects of engineering.
- Formulate the annual operating and capital budgets for the Department.
- Implement approved engineering budgets and monitor actual expenses to ensure they fall within budgets.
- Ensure continued departmental effectiveness through the selection, development, training and motivation of a competent staff and ensure effective succession planning.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSC in Mechanical, Electrical or Electromechanical Engineering.
- Current Ghana Engineering Manager’s Certificate of Competency issued by the CIM is required.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience with emphasis on both underground and surface mining experience of which 5 years were in a management role in a mining environment.
- Complete understanding and knowledge of mine and maintenance operations.
- Experience leading teams and team building within the mining industry
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Expert working knowledge of engineering planning and scheduling software Mainpac, Microsoft Office applications etc.).
- Keen eye for detail and strong background in all aspects of mine engineering and operations.
- Developing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Ability to provide guidance, direction and motivation to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance for the promotion of quality engineering management.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts.
- Effective leadership and performance management in a dynamic multitasking environment.
Competitive and Attractive
HOW TO APPLY
Applications will only be received by registered post to:
The Recruitment Officer
Post Office Box CT 1909.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The closing date for this application is Thursday, 10th June, 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED