The Securities and Exchange Commission (‘the Commission’) is established by the Securities Industry Act, 2016 (Act 929) (‘the Act’) with the object to regulate and promote the growth and development of an efficient, fair and transparent securities market in which investors and the integrity of the market are protected.
POSITON: Policy Research Analyst
To develop and implement coherent and coordinated policy and research programmes that will lead to the delivery of the Commission’s mandate by promoting and maintaining relationships with our key stakeholders, policymakers and other external agencies and also provide technical services to the Director-General (D-G) including project and general administration.
Some Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to strategy development and delivery of the Commission’s strategy with particular focus on the key priority goals – investor education, enforcement and market development.
- Develop and implement a coherent and coordinated policy and research programme that supports the delivery of the Commission’s objectives.
- Provide technical advice and support services to the Director-General.
- Conduct research on the securities industry in Ghana and beyond and advice the D-G.
- Monitor trends in the Capital Market, critically analyze the development and make recommendations to the D-G.
- Liaise with the two Deputy Director-Generals to obtain relevant reports/documents on behalf of D-G.
- Support in managing and administering projects and programmes of the Commission.
- Prepare reports for the D-G (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annually) and other ad-hoc reports etc.
Educational, Professional Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Project Management, Finance or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must be a full member of CFA, ICAG, Institute of Chartered Economist, Ghana (ICEG) or any other relevant professional body and be in good standing.
- A minimum of eight (8) years post-bachelor’s degree work experience in policy research/securities industry, four (4) of which must be at senior management level in a reputable organisation.
Technical, Managerial & Behavioural Skills Required:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent research, analytical and skills.
- Project/programme management skills.
- Strong negotiation and lobbying skills.
- Good knowledge of the laws, rules, regulations and guidelines relating to the securities industry.
- Excellent, planning and organisational skills.
- Good leadership, management and networking skills.
- Good team leader, player and team-building skills.
- Ability to comply with the policies, processes and procedures of the Commission.
- Ability to conduct self in a manner which elicits trust, respect and confidence.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong ethical and professional skills.
- IT skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED