The Securities and Exchange Commission (‘the Commission’) is established by the Securities Industry Act, 2016 (Act 929) (‘the Act’) with the object to regulate and promote the growth and development of an efficient, fair and transparent securities market in which investors and the integrity of the market are protected.
Functions of the Commission
To achieve the object of the commission, the commission shall:
- Advise the Minister on matters relating to the securities industry.
- Maintain surveillance over activities in securities to ensure orderly, fair, G, and equitable dealings in securities.
- Register, license, authorize or regulate, in accordance with the Act or the Regulations, the establishment of securities exchanges, commodities and futures exchanges, securities depositories, clearing and settlement institutions, credit rating agencies, fund managers, investment advisers, unit trusts, mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, nominees, underwriters, issuing houses, registrars, custodians, trustees, primary dealers, broker-dealers the mode of conduct of securities businesses, issues concerning Accounts and Audits, the establishment of fidelity funds and trading in securities.
- Formulate principles for the guidance of the industry.
- Monitor the solvency of license holders and take measures to protect the interest of customers where the solvency of a license holder is in doubt.
The following positions are currently available for interested persons to apply:
To provide the necessary legal advice and support services to the Management and employees on the implementation of applicable laws and best practices to achieve the objectives of the Commission.
To be the focal person for the Commodity Exchange and Warehouse Receipt System Project and shall provide leadership, technical and operational direction for the attainment of the objectives of the Commodity Exchange Unit of the Commission.
To provide leadership in managing and directing the Commission’s communications and international relations by designing plans and implementing strategies that foster or enhance good relations with all stakeholders within and outside Ghana including capital market regulators in other jurisdictions and International Organisations to achieve the objectives of the Commission
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants should click on any of the above positions to read more and apply
CLOSING DATE: 10 July 2020.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED