POSITION: Credit Risk Analyst – Accra Ghana
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
- Conduct a thorough analysis of financial statements and assessment of credit requests, including new requests, enhancement requests, refinancing, and annual due diligence.
- Provide recommendations tied to analysis and assessment of credit risk to management, especially providing insights into a borrower’s ability to repay.
- Developing models, both mathematical and statistical that directly relates to measuring risk.
- Ensure availed limits/credit lines are renewed on a timely basis.
- Periodic assessment of asset book performance for management purposes.
- Keep up to date with the GHIB’s lending protocols.
- Review internal gradings applied by BDM to each customer and ensure their accuracy.
- Review legal documentation underpinning transactions and ensure they are in order.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the client’s business.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Support for the Head and Deputy Head of Credit Risk in providing the following functions:
- Credit Limits: Timely renewal of credit limits/lines, ensuring that credit proposals are submitted and approved at the appropriate levels to ensure business continuity.
- Record Maintenance: ensure departmental filings are accurate and up to date.
- Loan Documentation: Prepare Loan Agreements to incorporate all terms & conditions, protective clauses, and covenants to underpin availed loan facilities; where necessary, liaise with external counsel to review all legal documentation pertaining to a transaction and confirm satisfaction prior to funding.
- Reporting: Providing relevant reports to management, including economic research and country reports.
- Structuring: Collaborate with Client Coverage in preparing term sheets and to ensure that deals, facility structures, and documentation are in line with credit policy and conform to approvals.
- Customer Due Diligence: Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that CDD, where required, is performed satisfactorily.
- Relationship Managers; Credit Committee; Legal Counsel and Other Stakeholders.
- Efficiently evaluating credit applications.
- Analyzing periodic market patterns and articulating impact on asset book quality.
- Recording anticipated economic environment changes.
- Periodic review and updating of country limits.
- Compilation and submission of reports for senior management consumption.
- Maintain and organize customer records and files within the credit department.
- Generate schedules to monitor and track expiry dates of credit lines.
- Liaise with relationship managers on matters pertinent to the credit application process.
- Tracking changes in legislation and regulatory directives
- Periodically update the internal grading model as new information becomes available.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on the asset book.
- Become familiar with the competition to stay ahead of them
Skills & Capabilities:
- Independent thinker.
- Strongly analytical with an understanding of financial statements, annual reports, ratios, and concepts and presentation skills
- Written communication – excellent communication skills to interpret and translate financial data into a meaningful presentation to the Credit Committee.
- Strong oral communication – must be able to sufficiently articulate findings to colleagues and management where necessary.
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to notice discrepancies in data, and the ability to produce reports to a high standard of accuracy.
- Team player, as there is a need to liaise and work with people within/outside of the Credit Risk Department.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of supervision
- Good understanding of financial markets and lending concepts.
- Knowledge of the African economic environment.
- Strong understanding of accounting/economic principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of capital markets, trade finance, and structured-trade environment.
- Working understanding of KYC, AML, and Customer onboarding processes.
- Experience in credit or risk analysis in corporate/wholesale banking environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in the quantitative discipline)
- Two to five years of strong quantitative experience.
- Accra, Ghana.
HOW TO APPLY
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED