Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Coordinator
- Reports to Executive Director Works closely with Key Advisor Gender Equality and Social Inclusion No line management responsibility
- Responsible for ensuring that GESI is mainstreamed across all programme activities and working closely with the GESI Key Adviser to oversee the following activities and tasks:
- Support NCTE to work with universities and Colleges of Education to monitor progress against the National Teacher Education GESI Strategy 2020-25; Ensure that GESI is adequately incorporated in both the new SHS teacher education curriculum framework and within the Key Phase 5 curriculum in schools: Mainstream GESI within SHS through the
- “Leadership for Learning component where every SHS will need to develop a GESI Strategy and Action Plan for their own institution.
- Tackling issues of sexual harassment will be a priority activity within all GESI Action Plans. Expire with GES the possibility of developing a National Senior High School GESI Strategy which can then form the basis for the development of individual SHS action plans.
- Postgraduate qualification or equivalent in education, gender, development, or a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in education project management, capacity building workshops organization and facilitation is required Demonstrate a passion for, and understanding of the value of education and a commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Knowledge and experience of the interaction between GESI issues and the education sector in Ghana, preferably including the teacher education and secondary education sub-sectors and with knowledge and understanding of inclusive education.
- Track record of delivering improved GESI outcomes in the education sector
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills Experience in monitoring the implementation of work plans, performance, and results.
- Well-organized, task- and time-oriented, and with close attention to details.
- Good ICT and report writing skills including experience in preparing donor reports.
- Independent with the ability to use own initiative and ability to be flexible
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are to be submitted electronically to [email protected] before 5 pm on Saturday 18th July 2020. Applicants should clearly state the title of the job they are applying for in the subject line of their email and application letter.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED