Development Project Leader
“Enjoying together around good food” defines the essence of GBfoods, the group that brings together the multi-local reality and the entrepreneurial and innovative spirit that has accompanied the various companies and local brands that shape it since its creation 80 years ago.
Today, with a turnover of around 1 billion euros and a team of 2400 employees, GBfoods is present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, in 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East through prestigious brands as Gallina Blanca, Star, Jumbo, Grand’Italia and Gino.
Role & Responsibilities:
We are in search of a Development Project Leader who will Excite and control the development of innovation and renovation product prototypes, in accordance with the project brief and needs, to contribute to the achievement of the most appropriate technical, economic and legal requirements, as well as managing the industrial upscaling.
- Support in the assessment of the viability of a project brief objectives in terms of COGs, sensorial performance, product claims and attributes, project timing, product safety, CAPEX.
- Develops prototypes targeting the project’s needs and in full compliance with GB Foods policies and procedures, planning and leading the execution of lab/industrial trials/1st productions, delivering process and ingredients, and packaging KPI that ensures all-encompassing product robustness.
- The lead technical execution of the product development, based on the product brief, being responsible for involving all necessary technical counterparts: procurement, quality, factory, engineering, regulatory, etc.
- Prepare and provide all necessary technical validations and technical documentations of raw material, packaging, finished goods, and process such as recipe, BOM, quality inspection plan, shelf-life studies. and ensuring their availability.
- Support corporate departments in terms of local project transfer and implementation.
- Provide technical support in troubleshooting and address of quality major issues.
- Identify the most appropriate suppliers, in conjunction with the Purchasing Department to guarantee the most profitable and viable option for the Group, maintaining, in any case, the quality required by GBFOODS.
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company where you will be able to contribute to the growth and development of a business while being developed and equipped for success.
What do we expect from you?
We are looking for someone who is committed and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
- University Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years in the same role within the Food/Drinks or Cosmetics/Pharma manufacturing environment.
- Experience in team building and integration of the Food Safety/Quality team into successful manufacturing operations in a LEAN environment.
- Has international exposure and can corporate with other countries in day to day work schedules
- Ability to manage multiple priorities:
- Effective interaction with other departments/suppliers & Teamwork
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and a second language is a plus.
- Have a proven track record of successful food product development.
- Proven track record of leadership, team management, and influencing skills
HOW TO APPLY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED