Gbewaa College of Education is located in Pusiga in the Upper East Region of Ghana and is affiliated to the University of Ghana, Legon.
Our core responsibility is to provide Excellence for Research and Training of Pre-Tertiary Education Teachers in Ghana.
The Governing Council of the College invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of a College Principal for consideration.
The College Principal is the Executive Head and Chief Disciplinary Officer of the College and in that capacity is:
• The administrative and academic head of the College and is accountable to the College Council.
• Responsible for organizing and conducting the financial and administrative business of the College in line with the Statutes, decisions of Academic Board, and other national laws and regulations.
• Responsible for;
- Admission of students,
- Discipline and supervision of staff and students,
- Preparation of annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration by Council,
- Providing the Council with returns, reports, and other relevant information as required.
- To perform any other official functions as may be assigned by the Governing Council.
The candidate must have:
- An advanced degree with a research component, preferably Ph.D.
- Rank NOT below Senior Lecturer, Deputy Director in GES or Principal Tutor in a College of Education.
- Relevant Senior Management experience of at least five (5) years.
- Proven Leadership skills and be a team player.
- Ability to direct and motivate staff.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the tertiary education terrain in Ghana.
- Adequate knowledge of the College Vision and be committed to its implementation.
- The Principal must be able to serve a minimum of one term of Four (4) years from the expected date of appointment before reaching the statutory retirement age of Sixty (60).
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications should include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scanned copies of certificates
- Evidence of current rank (e.g. copy of last promotion letter)
- A two (2)-page Vision Statement for the College
- Recommendation Letter from three (3) referees (sent directly by the referees to the e-mail address provided below).
E-mail: [email protected] The application should reach the College by Thursday, 20th July 2020 and addressed to:
THE CHAIRPERSON, SEARCH COMMITTEE GBEWAA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION POST OFFICE BOX 157 PUSIGA – BAWKU
- All applications should strictly be sent by email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED