Accepting online applications for the fully-funded Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarships 2022-2023 from international and Canadian students.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2022 are for those Ph.D. students who want to pursue doctoral studies in one of the Canadian higher educational institutions. This Vanier Canada scholarship program was initiated in recent years to attract world-class Ph.D. candidates and to make Canada the hub of research and excellence.
Duration and Funding Allowance of Vanier Canada Scholarship:
This Vanier Canada scholarship is valued at 50,000 CAD per year. The scholarship is awarded for a maximum of three years. It is a non-renewable scholarship. Around 166 scholarships are awarded every year.
Eligibility Criteria of Vanier Canada Scholarship:
Candidates should make sure that they and their institution are meeting all the eligibility criteria before applying:
- Applicants can be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, and foreign students.
- They must have been nominated by one and only one of the Canadian higher educational institutions that are affiliated with Vanier Canada.
- They must be pursuing their first doctoral/Ph.D. degree. Candidates enrolled in a joint Ph.D./master’s program are also eligible to apply. Though, only the Ph.D. part of the degree program will be eligible for the award.
- Applicants who are currently enrolled in a Ph.D. program must not have completed more than 20 months of their studies by May 01, 2022.
- Candidates enrolled in a joint master’s program (master’s that leads to Ph.D.) must not have completed more than 32 months of their studies by May 01, 2022.
- Candidates should have achieved a first-class average in the previous two years of their studies. Each institution has its own definition of the first-class average. Candidates can contact their university for clarification in this matter.
- Candidates must not be in receipt of a scholarship from any one or more of the following bodies:
Application Process of Vanier Canada Scholarship:
In this scholarship program, applicants are nominated by the institution in which they are pursuing or going to pursue their Ph.D. studies.
That institution either contacts the applicants to ask them about their desire to be nominated or the applicants inform their institution of their willingness to be considered for the nomination.
Applicants prepare a separate application via ResearchNet (the application portal for Vanier Canada Scholarships – link given at end of article) and submit it with their institution. Every institution may have a different deadline. The institution is then going to forward the shortlisted candidates’ applications to the Vanier-Banting Secretariat on or before 2nd November 2021.
Fields of Study Options:
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship is awarded to candidates who are pursuing a Ph.D. in Canada regardless of which field of study they belong to. That means students from, engineering, humanities, social sciences, medicine, and natural sciences are all eligible to apply.
Applicants must have some sort of a major research component on their Ph.D. program, whether that is a research project, the completion of a dissertation, or publication of scholarly research. This research must be mandatory for the successful completion of the degree program.
Documents Required for the Vanier Graduate Scholarship Application:
- A completed application form
- Two references
- A comprehensive CV of the applicant
- A list of research publications made by the candidate.
- A research proposal
- A personal statement of the candidate’s leadership potential summarizing what is motivating the candidate to pursue a Ph.D. and what have they accomplished academically and professionally.
The Canadian Vanier Graduate scholarship selection committee selects the applicants based on the following three factors:
- Their academic excellence
- Their leadership potential
- Their research potential
Deadline of Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship:
Since students apply for this scholarship through a Canadian university, they will have to contact their host institution to be sure of the deadline.
The last date of application submission for the Canadian Vanier Graduate Scholarship at Canadian universities is 2nd November 2021. The results of the scholarship are announced in the early April of each year.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED