Fully Funded – Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program 2024
Young and mid-career professionals are brought to the United States through the Humphrey Program for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and professional engagement with American counterparts. For the upcoming program edition, applications are presently being accepted from qualified individuals all around the world.
The Fellowship, a non-degree program, provides beneficial possibilities for professional growth through chosen university courses, conference attendance, networking, and hands-on job experiences.
Details of the 2024 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Sponsor(s) of the fellowship: The U.S. Department of State
- Leading American Universities are the host institution(s).
- Awards: Up to 200 Fellows Per Year
- Mid-Career Professions Study Level
- Timeframe: 6 to 10 months
- All nationalities are eligible.
- An undergraduate degree (first college or Bachelor’s)
- Five years of full-time, professional experience is required.
- Little to no prior experience living in the US
- Exhibited leadership skills
- A track record of community service
- English proficiency
Click on your region to learn if residents of that area are qualified to apply for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program. You are qualified to apply if your nation or region is listed.
- First, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Eurasia and Europe
- Middle East and North Africa
- East Asia and the Pacific.
- South and Central Asia
- Western Hemisphere
Programs that qualify:
Programs that qualify for the Humphrey Fellowship Program are typically categorized as follows;
Human and Institutional Development
- Economic Development
- Finance and Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Rights and Freedoms
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Sustainable Lands
Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Thriving Communities
Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
What the Fellowship offers:
- Paying the designated host university’s tuition and fees;
- if necessary, pre-academic English language instruction;
- A maintenance (living) stipend, which includes an initial relocation payment;
- Insurance against accidents and illness;
- A book budget;
- a one-time computer grant;
- Air travel (including domestic travel to program activities and international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program);
- A Professional Development allowance for work-related activities like conferences, field trips, and business trips.
Please get in touch with your nation’s Binational Fulbright Commission or the U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section to obtain the Humphrey Fellowship application and learn more about applying. Please refer to the participating countries by region for contact details and embassy addresses.
Application Closing Date: Vary by Country
Humphrey Fellowship Program Information
A Binational Fulbright Commission oversees the Humphrey Fellowship Program in 26 nations. The U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section is responsible for running the Program in all other participating nations.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program promotes leadership development among international professionals who work together to address local and global concerns and to encourage change for the betterment of our society as a whole.
This expanding global network shares best practices and builds expertise in fields that are of critical importance to advance societal and institutional capacity, promote human rights and freedoms, ensure sustainable environments, and develop thriving communities. This is accomplished through academic study and professional development with counterparts in the United States.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program was established in 1978 as a way to commemorate the life and legacy of the late Senator and Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey. In Venezuela, former United States President Jimmy Carter made the announcement that the Humphrey Fellowship Program would be established. The goal of the initiative was to build a fellowship that exemplified the ideals of democracy, social fairness, and a commitment to aid the developing nations of the world.
The first Humphrey Fellows came to the United States in 1979, bringing with them 27 mid-career professionals from 24 different nations to study at 11 different universities around the country.
Funding and Administration
The United States Department of State provides funding for the Humphrey Fellowship Program, which is a Fulbright exchange activity. The Institute of International Education is in charge of managing the program.
1 . Professional Affiliation
A six-week Professional Affiliation (PA) experience is an essential part of the Humphrey Fellowship Program. During this time, Fellows have the opportunity to work together with organizations based in the United States, discuss industry standards and best practices with professionals from the United States, and put their academic knowledge into practice in real-world contexts.
Humphrey Fellows play an important part in the organizations they work for in the United States, while also forging connections and having an impact that will endure well beyond the duration of their Fellowship year.
2 . Humphrey Seminar
Humphrey Fellows are expected to take a course called the Humphrey Seminar, during which they design their own personal program goals and plan. It has an emphasis on broad programmatic goals, such as expanding participants’ understanding of society and culture in the United States, fostering leadership development, and professional networking.
3 . Global Leadership Forum
The Global Leadership Forum is an opportunity for all Humphrey Fellows to participate in activities that will improve their leadership and professional skills; develop their understanding of social, cultural, and political processes and institutions; foster cross-sector collaboration between the cohort; and leverage the resources and networks that are available to them in the nation’s capital.
4 . Professional Development
The Humphrey Fellowship provides development opportunities to Humphrey Fellows, which contribute to the Humphrey Fellows’ professional advancement and enable them to form collaborations that can take their work to the next level. Through intense learning, collaborative projects, and extensive networking, Humphrey Fellows broaden their perspectives on both the work they do and the issues that affect the world.
Included in this is the opportunity to take part in a specialized experience at a community college in the United States, to participate in topical workshops designed to expand the Fellows’ skill sets, to attend high-profile events alongside officials and academics, and much more.
5 . Academic Enrichment
Humphrey Fellows are grouped together in cohorts at one of the 13 Humphrey host universities. The placement of Humphrey Fellows is determined by the impact areas of the host university as well as the Fellow’s professional skills.
Humphrey Fellows take part in an educational experience where students learn from famous academics but are not expected to satisfy certain degree or certification requirements in order to complete the fellowship. Because of this, they are able to travel to the United States and network with American colleagues working in their field of work, as well as attend conferences and participate in professional affiliations.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterwards, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED