Scholarships under the 2023 EU-ECOWAS Sustainable Energy Program to Study in Nigeria, Senegal, and Cape Verde (Fully-funded)
Applications for the 2023 EU-ECOWAS Scholarships Programme on Sustainable Energy are now being accepted. The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship program gives grants to students from ECOWAS member states with active energy industries who want to get a master’s degree in the field of sustainable energy at specialized institutions in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, and Togo).
The program aims to increase access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa, enabling university graduates with a focus on young professionals (speaking English, French, and Portuguese) in the ECOWAS member states to develop the profile necessary to meet the rising demand for experts at the highest levels in the field of sustainable energy and to support good governance of the sector in the region.
The two types of scholarships available in the program are:
- Mobile Scholarships: Selected scholars are given the opportunity to pursue their master’s degrees at colleges and universities outside of their home countries. The award will cover the cost of school, living expenses, travel, a research grant, insurance, and a visa.
- Stationary Scholarships: Candidates are chosen to finish their master’s degree programs at universities in their home countries. The award will cover the scholars’ research funding and tuition. There will also be a small stipend to help with travel and living expenses.
The EU-ECOWAS Scholarship application form solicits comments from candidates who are eager to finish a master’s program in the energy industry at universities that have been shortlisted. The following factors will be used to compare the data gathered through the application form during the scholarship selection process:
- Be residents of the ECOWAS area or Mauritania and nationals of one of those countries;
- Possess a First Class or Second Class (Upper Division) degree, at the very least;
- Have pursued courses leading to at least a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy, and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance, and planning, as determined by the admissions standards of the chosen university;
- Work experience in West Africa’s energy sector will be advantageous;
- At the moment the scholarship is accepted, have (at least) tentative admission into a program of study;
- Both employed and unemployed candidates are eligible for the scholarship. Working candidates must provide a letter from their employer granting them permission to finish the course for the duration of the program;
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practical research before the program’s finished;
- Commitment to begin internships during the study period.
Application is particularly recommended for female candidates. If there are more qualified applicants than open positions, they will be rated based on their most recent academic performance and work history.
Shortlisted Institutions & Masters’ Degree Programs
Only higher education institutions that have opened their doors to applications are eligible for you to apply to for the necessary courses there:
Obafemi Awolowo University
- M.Sc. Energy Planning and Management
- M.Sc. Environmental Technology Management
- M.Sc. Electrical Power Engineering
- M.Sc. Energy Systems Science and Energy Systems Engineering
University of Nigeria Nsukka
- M.Eng./M.Sc. Renewable and New Energy Systems
- M.Eng./M.Sc. Power Engineering
- M.Eng./M.Sc. Sustainable Energy Materials Engineering
- M.Eng./M.Sc. Industrial Electronics and Power Devices
- M.Eng./M.Sc. Energy Policy, Regulation and Management
Universite Cheikh Anta Diop (UCAD)
- M.Sc. 2 Photovoltaic Systems and Materials (Master 2 de physique et applications, spécialité énergie solaire, matériaux et systèmes (SOLMATS)
- Only students with a MASTER 1 in physics from a CAMES member university will be accepted by UCAD.
Universidade de Cabo Verde
- International Interuniversity Master’s program in Energy Decarbonisation
Applications are now being accepted for universities in Senegal, Cape Verde, and Nigeria. The deadline for submission is Friday, February 10, 2023, at 18.00 WAT.
The following documents must be submitted for validation by successful applicants:
- Identification documents, such as a national identity card or a passport,
- Mauritania resident certificate or ECOWAS residency certificate
- A copy of the letter of provisional admission from a school that was considered
- Acquired certificates or transcripts from school, and
- Any other records to support the information on the application form
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED