October 20th, 2023 at 02:31 am
Full-Funded USA TechGirls STEM Programme 2024
For the TechGirls Program for Women 2024, applications from appropriately qualified candidates are invited. a program designed for anyone who wants to attend an interactive computer and technology camp in the US and advance their IT skills.
TechGirls links and supports the next wave of female leaders in STEM fields by giving them access to opportunities that will help them further their education and achieve their goals.
In addition to 40 hours of study at a Tech Camp with our partner, the Center for Enhancement in Engineering Diversity at Virginia Tech, TechGirls is jam-packed with skill-development courses and opportunities to network with some of America’s most creative tech professionals.
The TechGirls program promotes women to pursue higher education in disciplines where they are underrepresented, gives participants a meaningful cultural immersion experience, and increases their potential to enter the IT industry.
Standards of Eligibility
Applicants must fulfill the following requirements in order to be eligible for the TechGirls Program 2024:
- They are residents of and citizens of one of the eligible nations or territories at the time of the exchange.
- Were born on July 13, 2006, or within the range of July 13, 2009, and would be between the ages of 15 and 17 on July 13, 2024, when the exchange began;
- In their academic studies, shown advanced abilities and a genuine passion in math, science, technology, engineering, and/or engineering;
- Plan to seek postsecondary education and/or employment in STEM fields, particularly technology;
- Possess advanced intermediate or better language proficiency in English;
- Display flexibility, maturity, and an open mind;
- Have promised to return home to complete a community-based project; 8. Will attend at least one more semester of secondary school upon their return; and
- Meet the requirements for qualifying for a J-1 visa from the United States (for example, U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visas).
- Candidates must be nationals or present residents of the participating nations in order to be eligible. Permanent residents of third-country nationals should get in touch with us to find out their eligibility before applying.
- Individuals with little or no past experience in the US will be given preference.
Steps for Making Applications
To be considered for the TechGirls Program 2024, interested candidates must submit an online application before the deadline.
The application deadline is December 8, 2023, at noon ET.
TechGirls is an international exchange program designed to empower and support young women (ages 15–17) from the United States and select countries around the world to pursue higher education and careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields through hands-on skills development training. Participants come to TechGirls from the United States, Canada, and other countries around the world.
With the goal of empowering and assisting young women (ages 15 to 17) from the US and a few other countries to pursue higher education and careers in STEM fields—science, technology, engineering, and math—TechGirls is an American summer exchange program that offers practical skill development training.
A seven-month mentorship program (including pre-and post-exchange) will complement the program’s dynamic four-week U.S.-based experience for 111 young women from 37 participating countries/territories in 2024, which will also involve 13+ U.S. peers.
Countries That Qualify:
The following areas, nations, and territories will provide a competitive pool from which TechGirls will be chosen (about three participants per area, nation, or territory):
- Africa’s sub-Saharan region, which includes Zambia, South Africa, Rwanda, Kenya, Nigeria, and Cameroon
- Taiwan, Vietnam, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, and East Asia and the Pacific (EAP)
- Europe and Eurasia (EUR), comprising Greece, Albania, Cyprus, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey”e”
- The regions of Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, the Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia comprise the Middle East and North Africa (NEA).
- The countries of South and Central Asia (SCA) include Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Western Hemisphere (WHA): Ecuador, Panama, Peru, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Brazil, and Suriname
- United States of America
653 teenage girls have received training and mentoring from TechGirls since 2012. The Middle East and North Africa were the program’s initial focal countries for TechGirls. Global participation in the TechGirls program began in the summer of 2022, drawing in a bright group of young women with an interest in STEM from the United States and a few other countries in each of the six regions of the world (Western Hemisphere, Sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and Eurasia, East Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, and South and Central Asia).
A 24-day trip to the US is the foundation of the TechGirls curriculum. In collaboration with Virginia Tech, attendees take part in an interactive TechCamp that offers a thorough look at cutting-edge technologies as well as a variety of career and educational options in STEM sectors.
Next, for a community immersion and STEM job discovery, TechGirls travel to one of the following US cities: Austin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, or Seattle. After participating in TechGirls programming and receiving seven months of mentorship, participants go home and perform community-based projects, which results in a multiplier effect.
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State launched the TechGirls program.
U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA)
The opens in a separate window TechGirls initiativeThe Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, US Department of State. The goal of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) is to foster peaceful relations between the peoples of the United States and other nations by promoting mutual understanding via educational and cultural exchanges. The mission of ECA is to include DEIA (diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility) into every facet of its operations.
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA), as required by the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961, works to foster amicable, peaceful relations between the peoples of the United States and other countries through public-private partnerships and exchanges in academics, culture, sports, and other fields.
ECA programs, funding, and other initiatives promote the participation of American and international participants from historically underrepresented groups, such as women, racial and ethnic minorities, and individuals with disabilities, in an effort to reflect the diversity of the United States and global society.
People can take advantage of opportunities regardless of their gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, color, sex, age, geography, socioeconomic status, or handicap. The Bureau is dedicated to inclusion, equity, and justice.
- Firstly, Scholarships in German Universities Without IELTS (Fully Funded)
- Secondly, Call For Applications|| Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2022
- Thirdly, 2022 AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES
- Moreover, FULLY FUNDED |UNISA 2022 SCHOLARSHIPS At UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH AUSTRALIA
- Additionally, United Nations job Opportunities: Jobs | Careers
- Then, 2022 MEXICO GOVERNMENT FREE ONLINE COURSES WITH FREE CERTIFICATES
- Also, HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- More so, LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- Afterward, 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- Finally, University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- HOW TO REGISTER FOR IELTS EXAMS IN GHANA 2022/2023
- LIKELY IELTS 2022 EXAMINATION QUESTIONS
- 2022 JAPANESE UNIVERSITY OF TOKYO SCHOLARSHIPS
- University of Queensland Law Scholarships 2022 in Australia
- Australian Scholarships for International Students 2022 | Fully Funded
- Universities in Australia without IELTS & Scholarships | Fully F
- Scholarships in Australia for 2022 Without IELTS | Fully Funded
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED