Foods that Cause a Bigger Belly
Maintaining a good weight and body fat is a good health plan to have. Getting rid of belly fat has been the goal of many. Having a big belly does not only make your clothes snug but it can also make you lose your self-esteem.
There are two types of belly fat. They are visceral and subcutaneous.
The visceral refers to the fat around the liver and other organs in the abdomen. These types of fat put you at risk of contracting chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes and some kind of cancer.
Conversely, the subcutaneous is the fat that is directly under the skin. That said, focusing on a healthy lifestyle and avoiding some kinds of food can prevent you from having a bulging belly.
Here is a breakdown of causes and foods that are the biggest offenders of giving you a big belly.
CAUSES OF GAINING BELLY FAT
1 . Living a sedentary lifestyle.
A sedentary lifestyle has been identified as the cause of many lifestyle diseases. Some sedentary lifestyle involves sitting in one place for a long time, watching TV, and playing video games all day.
2 . Menopause:
It is common to gain some belly fat during menopause. That is because instead of the visceral fat being stored in the hips and thighs it starts to store in the abdomen
3 . Wrong gut bacteria.
The gut helps to keep a healthy immune system and decreases the risk of contracting diseases. An imbalance in the gut bacteria can promote weight gain including belly fat.
4 . Being stressed.
For some people when they are stressed, that is when they eat the most. Cortisol, a stress hormone shoots up which leads to a hunger craving and then weight gain.
FOODS THAT CAUSE BELLY FAT
1 . Processed meat
Meats such as sausages, bacon, and dell meat are all processed. These kinds of meats are high in calories and saturated fats. These types of meat are unhealthy and can lead to heart diseases and stroke. They are also bad for the stomach. Processed meats are very difficult to digest because they don’t contain any form of fiber.
2 . Fried and fast foods
Fast foods are convenient for when you are on the go. However, consuming too much of it can cause havoc to your mid-section. Fried foods also take a while before digesting. Fried foods are also low in nutrients and thus, their intake should be minimized.
3 . Sweetened beverages
Most soft drinks or energy drinks are filled with empty calories that have little to no nutritional value. These sugars make you gain weight, especially in the midsection.
Other foods responsible for a big belly include dairy products, white bread, excess salt, alcohol, and some others.
Also, for More Interesting Articles, CLICK HERE
- Top 5 African Countries with the Best Education Systems
- HOW TO GET A UK VISA IN GHANA
- What You Need To Know When Starting A Business
- What You Need To Know When Buying A Car
- How Do I Get Rid Of The White Stuff On My Tongue
- Get Rid Of Vagina Odour Immediately
- HOW TO PREPARE PIZZA FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR HOME
- HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOOD GROUP
- KNOW WHY YOU SHOULD NOT MARRY PEOPLE WITH CERTAIN BLOOD GROUPS
- How Can I Stop White Discharge and Itching Naturally
- How to stop menstrual pains fast at home
- What Are the Symptoms & Signs of Gonorrhea and Syphilis?
- How can I stop the pain when I urinate?
- How can I stop sperm from coming early?
- Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED