- Company: Farmerline Limited
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Ghana
Do you want to improve millions of lives and leave a lasting legacy at the same time? Do you want to use your talents and skills to make a difference and not just a living? Do you want to help feed the world now and in the future?
Farmerline works to reinvent how the world thinks and invests in the lives of small-scale farmers. We are working to help farmers produce and sell food. We are bold and systemic thinkers but operate lean and nimble.
Since 2013, Farmerline has directly helped farmers to improve their productivity and profit in Ghana and also provided technical support to other organizations to do the same. Farmerline started its operations serving 800 farmers in the Ashanti Region of Ghana with information via mobile information services.
We have supported many organizations with our tools and knowledge to improve the way they work with farmers. Over the past 8 years, Farmerline and its partnership network have profiled and served over 1million farmers and digitized over 1,000,000 acres of farmland across 16 countries in Africa.
Farmerline is a learning organization and you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity to solve problems every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humour, you’ll thrive at Farmerline.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and understand our global clients’ needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Connecting farmers to reliable and fair markets is Farmerline’s newest service to smallholder farmers. This is to complement the quality farm input financing and farmer training programs. The mission is to create lasting profit for the farmers while creating jobs for community-led micro-entrepreneurs in the value chains we work in.
The Food QA Manager will be responsible for ensuring that sourced commodities meet standards set by both client companies and regulatory authorities. They shall develop and review quality and safety policies and manage audits by third-party inspectors. The Manager will train other team members and oversee all processes including Compliance, and Document and Records Control
- Develop and review existing safety and quality policies
- Inspect e all logistics including vehicles and storage spaces for compliance and identify any areas of concern,
- Investigate customer complaints and prepare reports on product quality to relay to senior management.
- Set up quality assessment processes and recognised global standards including the ISO 9000 family and ensure all sourced commodities are maintained at these standards.
- Inspect produce to ensure they are safe and of a high quality before releasing to the market.
- Perform quality control analysis of processes
- Develop, train and assess the performance of QA Department staff; Provide recommendations to management in relation to QA compliance
- Maintain food safety system documentation
- Ensure that all data for the produce is completed and meets traceability requirements
- Arrange, coordinate and supports on site audits conducted by external providers
- Review and report the principal causes of quality loss and non-conformance
- Provide reports and relevant information to the organization’s top management on the effectiveness and suitability of the product safety management system.
- Conduct risk-based facility audits, providing guidance and coaching related to food safety practices and overall food safety compliance.
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a food-related discipline such as Microbiology, Food Science, Chemical Engineering or food industry management.
- Relevant courses such as food preservation, food chemistry, product development, food preparation, and food industry marketing is a plus
- 3 years proven experience working in the food industry, with a particular emphasis on supervisory experience.
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable in the areas of food crop safety, product safety, product quality standards, document control, and regulatory issues.
- Able to prioritize/adjust quickly to changing work environment with minimal supervision to meet changing plant needs.
- Strong Leadership, managerial skills, and the ability to coach and develop employees.
- Able to work flexible hours; ability to travel as needed.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: November 30, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED