Zipline is at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using battery powered autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies around the world and we’re looking for motivated, proactive team members to join us.
At the moment, Zipline is delivering 20% of all the blood being transported outside of Kigali, Rwanda. We are expanding rapidly throughout the world and looking for amazing individuals who are passionate about the nexus of public health and cutting-edge technology to change the world.
Zipline is currently a team of 200 rockstars, with an R&D branch in California, USA and distribution centers for drone deliveries in Rwanda and Ghana.
About the Role
The Zips (our delivery drones) are the core of our business, and Flight Operators play a critical role in keeping everyone at our distribution centers and neighboring communities safe. This role is crucial to us because we are setting up new Distribution Centers, and need some incredible Flight Operators to make sure our drone deliveries are completed seamlessly.
WITHIN 1 MONTH: You will receive elite Zip training that includes professional courses as well apprenticeship with the rest of the Flight Ops team to learn on the job.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS: You will become a certified Flight Ops professional – Being able to handle Pre-flight, Post-flight, Launching Zips, and incident response alone, and have a thorough understanding of Zip hardware.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS: You will have mastered vehicle maintenance, troubleshooting recurring incidents and processes with the Africa-based and California-based teams. You will be responsible to contribute on a daily basis regarding process and vehicle improvements.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS: You will be looked to as someone to run the Nest, fielding questions from your team and helping onboard new apprentices coming on-board. Zipline is expanding rapidly, and peer-mentors will become a crucial part to scaling up
- Take Off: Conduct pre-flight inspection with Zips, Work with Flight Controllers to launch Zips, Prepare ground equipment for inbound Zips
- Drone & Technical Maintenance: Perform Zip field maintenance and repair any AVC that have experienced incidents
- Troubleshooting: Collaborate with locally-based and USA-based engineering team to troubleshoot & optimize issues
- Collaboration: Work with a team to scale drone deliveries to 100+ deliveries per day at one distribution center
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Aerospace Engineering OR
- 3+ years working experience as a Maintenance Technician for Aircrafts, Power Turbines, Mining Equipment, or other Complex Technical Equipment
- Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Hands-On Attitude: Must enjoy hands-on work and be adept at working with mechanical or electrical systems
- Strength: You will be lifting up to 50lbs. objects regularly
- Poise: Maintain a cool head under high pressure situations
- Extremely process & detail-oriented
- Ability to maintain focus during extended daily flight operations
- Comfortable troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues with complex, battery-operated machinery
- Training: Flight Operation team will go through a rigorous training process as part of the onboarding process. This training will be across multiple teams, so you will learn not only about customer success but also drone operations and fulfillment.
- Professional Development: Zipline is a fast growing startup and there will be many opportunities for you to rise as a leader, taking on more responsibility, and having more direct input into our processes and strategy
- Benefits: Zipline offers benefits to its team including health insurance, access to a library of management books, and more.
Interested applicants should:
Click Here To Visit The Official Website To Read More & Apply Online
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED