- Company: Global Action for Women Empowerment
- Location: Ghana
- State: Ho
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Global Action for Women Empowerment (GLOWA) is a national non-governmental, non-partisan and non -profit making organization, formed in June 1999 in response to the health and socio-political and economic challenges of women, girls, persons with disabilities (PWDs), youth and children in Ghana.
GLOWA is officially registered with the Registrar General’s Department on 6th January 2000 with registration No. G5,466. Our new re- registration number is CG159602015 and the Tax Identification Number (TIN) is C0004987608.
Our Certificate of Recognition with Department of Social Welfare number is 1836. GLOWA is headquartered in the city of Ho in the Volta Region of Ghana.
Our programme areas include Education/advocacy work around Adolescent/Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Inclusive Education, Women’s rights education and advocacy and Democratic
and Inclusive Governance.
- Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Process invoices
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Update internal systems with financial data
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Reconcile bank statements
- Participate in financial audits
- Track bank deposits and payments
- Assist with budget preparation
- Review and implement financial policies
Required Qualification and Experience
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role (at least 2 years). Proven work experience with a credible NGO is an added advantage
- Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
- Experience using financial software
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of financial regulations
- Excellent analytical and numerical competency skills
- Sharp time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- You should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations.
- Our ideal candidate must demonstrate interest and competency in managing accounting activities, including bank reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- You should also have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Ultimately, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our financial transactions and procedures.
- A FEMALE WITH THE REQUISITE QUALIFICATION IS PREFERRED!!!
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit applications with CV and relevant certificates to GLOWA not later than 6th March, 2020. Your application should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Global Action for Women Empowerment
P.O. Box HP 1124,
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE