The Global Programs Department of Jhpiego Corporation is currently seeking dynamic individuals to fill to support its operations in Ghana: Finance Officer. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Duration for all the positions: Six months. Immediate Start.
- Job locations: Accra
Jhpiego is seeking a Finance Officer to provide high quality financial and administration management for the several newly awarded COVID-19 projects. In Ghana, Jhpiego will support the Government of Ghana to control and mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus. A significant area of focus for our work is accelerating and strengthening the technical and operational capacity of local healthcare workers to reduce the spread of infection, provide quality case management and allow for the safe maintenance routine essential services.
The Finance Officer will assist in the financial and administrative support for several COVID-19 response projects being implemented at the national, regional, district and primary health care level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate accounts of the transactions of the company
- Ensure the proper completion of all transactions authorized by the F&A Director in accordance with laid down processes and procedures
- Prepares periodic financial statements and supports notes in accordance with the policies of the company.
- Prepare financial commentary with regards to the quarterly financial statements (variance and profitability analyses).
- Assist with the preparation and tracking of budget.
- Ensures that financial documents are stamp ‘paid’ on timely basis.
- Ensures that payment vouchers are filed in soft and hard copies on timely basis.
- Reviews travel expense reports from staff for entry into QBE
- Reviews all financial documents to ensure laid down processes before processing them for payment.
- Reviews both electronic and hard copy filing of all financial reports.
- Undertakes bank reconciliation.
- Ensure timely submission of all statutory deductions for Ghana nbsp;
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
- First degree in business administration, accounting, procurement or related field preferred
- Part-qualification in professional accounting certification e.g. ACCA, ICA or equivalent.
- Good knowledge and understanding of USG rules and regulations including experience working with USAID programs
- 1-3 years’ previous experience in financial management.
- Significant knowledge and working experience in accounting/financial management.
- Knowledge of financial management practices in Ghana.
- Knowledge of basis office processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard procurement processes and procedures.
- At least 1 – 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Knowledge and experience of QBE essential.
- Good IT skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to: [email protected]
- Deadline for the submission of applications: June 12, 2020
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED