- Company: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality.
CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance, and peacebuilding.
You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies, and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through the preparation and delivery of financial services.
The Finance Officer will report directly to the Deputy Finance Manager and is responsible for delivery of accounting and financial reporting services for the Country Program ensuring strict compliance to Country Program/Agency policies and Donor Fund regulations
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Review and validate supporting documentation before processing of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete and authorizations are in place
- Ensure timely recording of financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review and analyze various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Advice on corrective actions and prepare to correct entries and adjustments, as necessary.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Project Insight, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations.
- Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Help evaluate sub-recipient financial management processes in accordance with policy and help strengthen the capacity of partners in financial accounting and transactions.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed,
- Help share information with sub-recipients and staff on financial accounting policies and procedural compliance issues.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of five (5) years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
Required Languages – List languages required to perform the job
Travel – include a percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 10 %.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Familiarity with the relevant public donors’ regulations is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Project Insight, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) financial accounting package, or similar financial reporting software is a plus.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: December 10, 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED