Finance Manager at Plan International
Plan International is a non-profit group that works to improve the lives of children and girls. Plan International has been building strong partnerships with children for more than 80 years. They are present in 70 countries and want to see a fair world. They do this by tackling the root causes of the problems girls and other vulnerable children face while working with children, young people, our supporters, and partners.
Plan International Ghana is looking for a Finance Manager to handle the money for a project called “Women’s Innovation for Sustainable Enterprises (WISE)” with the help of a team of professionals. The WISE Project aims to use the huge potential and power of Ghanaian women entrepreneurs aged 19 to 55 in rural and peri-urban areas.
It does this by using both demand-side and supply-side interventions to help more Ghanaian women realize their rights to economic empowerment, well-being, and inclusive economic growth in 3 districts in Bono and Ahafo regions (Sunyani Municipal, Tano North, and Techiman Municipal) and 2 districts in Northern region (Kumbungu and Tolon). The project will begin in February 2020 and last for 4 years. It will cost more than 5.5 million EUR.
Makes financial and other reports to show how the WISE project’s money is doing as a whole so that decisions can be made. In order to do this, the person in the job will:
- Make sure that project transactions are checked and put into SAP properly and on time;
- After the end of the month, review the project sub-ledger for all advances and pre-paid costs and sign off on the reports.
- Check to make sure that all deals are entered into SAP correctly.
- Check to see if staff advance liquidations are correct and full.
- Prepare financial reports and analyses for grants on a quarterly, semiannual, and annual basis, as well as at the end of the year, according to the directions, so that management can make decisions;
- Responsible for making money plans for the project every three months, six months, and at the end of the year;
Help with making a budget and keeping track of it so that the WISE project’s money plan can be carried out well. In order to do this, the person in the job will:
- Lead the project team and implementing partners in putting together the annual budget for the project;
- Check the project budget every month and let the program teams know if they need to change anything;
- Bring together the project’s monthly budget and financial report;
- Answer money questions about grants in collaboration with the Head of Finance and Operations, the Business Development Manager, and the Project Lead;
- Train or teach partner finance staff on how to do their jobs to help with grants, budget preparation and control, and financial reporting;
- Make sure that the partner’s bankruptcy and financial reports have been checked before more money is given;
- Make sure that partner organizations follow best practices and standards set by donors.
Uses the Plan International Operations accounting software (SAP) to meet the spending and reporting needs of the Plan and its donors. In order to do this, the person in the job will:
- Work with funding accountants to make sure that all of the approved project budget lines, Donor account lines, and changes are correct in SAP and mapped to the right budget lines.
- Prepare quarterly donor financial report
- Check to make sure that all deals are entered into SAP correctly.
- After the end of the month, look at the project’s balance, especially the spending account, and make any necessary changes with the help of the Project Lead.
Set up internal financial controls and payment processes to make sure that your money is always well spent. In order to do this, the person in the job will:
- Person in charge of a project audit
- After each audit, make a project financial audit action list and make sure it gets done.
- Then, Monitor and report on the project’s financial risks every three months
- Make sure that your partner organizations are ready for a financial check by a donor.
- At least once a quarter, visit Partner Organizations and their sites to give their finance teams the technical help they need.
- Keep the Project Lead aware of any new ideas or problems related to your job.
- Always follows Plan International’s Safeguarding Policy to keep children and young people safe from all kinds of abuse.
- Do any other tasks that may be given from time to time to help the WISE Project Goals get accomplished.
Knowledge, skills, behaviors, and experience needed to reach the role’s goals:
Qualification and Experience
- First degree in accounting and ICA Ghana part 2 or ACCA Foundation (Level 2) or its equivalent
- A minimum of seven years of experience in a similar role and relevant professional experience handling complex and multimillion-dollar budgets for institutional grants from donors like Global Affairs Canada, USAID, DFID, and the European Union.
- Knowing how to use the SAP accounting program would be a plus.
- Cash Flows, Budgetary Controls, and Compliance with Finance Controls should be well understood and known.
- Proven experience helping partner organizations with financial management and compliance to make sure that project budgets and compliance standards are met in a high-quality way. Project Management skills that are very good.
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
- Clear and successful communication
- Ability to enable participative processes
- Commitment to working in a way that is open and accountable.
- Keeps its freedom, neutrality, and honesty.
- Organized, careful, and methodical
- Helps people grow and improve, and guides them.
- Encourages new ideas and learning.
- Gains, builds, and keeps his or her performance’s reputation.
- Ability to work under pressure, set priorities, and meet goals.
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Experience handling grants from donors like Global Affairs Canada, USAID, DFID, and the European Union that are worth several million dollars.
- How to Make a Financial Report
- Excellent skills in accounting, analysis, and making decisions
- Knowledge of accounting tools (SAP) and skill with Microsoft programs (Excel, Pivot tables, PowerPoint), among others.
- Good at managing and putting things together.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Good at working as a part of a team. Skilled at negotiating, facilitating, and influencing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter is someone who works on their own and needs little direct direction.
- Flexible, able to change ways quickly, and willing to work long hours sometimes to meet tight deadlines for reporting.
How to Apply for Finance Manager at Plan International
Closing Date: 4th May 2023
Also, For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- Firstly, Newmont Mining Corporation Latest Job Offer
- Secondly, New Job Vacancy at Serendipalm Co. Ltd.
- Thirdly, Job Vacancy at Food and Agriculture Organization
- Then, Abt Associates Calls For Job Applications
- Also, New Job Advertisement at Old Mutual
- Moreover, Job Opening at International Cocoa Initiative (ICI)
- Additionally, AirtelTigo Latest Job Recruitment Announcement
- More so, Chirano Gold Mines Limited Job Opportunities
- Afterward, Norsaac Calls For Job Applications
- Lastly, ABS Bureau New Job Announcement
For daily job alerts and guide to worldwide visas, join our WhatsApp and Telegram group
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE WHATSAPP GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE TELEGRAM GROUP
CLICK HERE TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED