Finance Assistant Needed at Creative Associates International
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments.
Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 30 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense.
The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
OTI’s Littorals Regional Initiative (LRI) program is able to provide support to local counterparts across specific West African coastal states to withstand the increasing pressures of VEOs by addressing instability factors including: localized conflict, ethno-religious marginalization, lack of understanding of the VEO threat, local grievances against governance structures, and weak social cohesion. LRI complements the broader USAID presence in the region by providing short-term, targeted programming that reduces windows for VEO expansion and helps national governments and local communities build prevention capacity.
The Finance Assistant will be working under the Finance Manager to help manage project expenditures and accounts. He/she will assist in applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
The Finance Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining personnel electronic leave files that inform payroll.
- Firstly, Assist the Finance Manager in managing day to day finance operations, including implementing Creative and USAID policies, procedures, and systems, reviewing accounts payable documents for proper accuracy and completeness, and liaising with bank on all banking issues.
- Secondly, Assist Finance Manager with banking activities and writing of cheques.
- Thirdly, Assist Finance Manager with tracking and reconciling of bank statements to cash book.
- Furthermore, Assist Finance Manager with statutory payments (SSNIT, Tier 2, GRA, etc.).
- More so, Assist Finance Manager in issuing and reconciling advances to staff and consultants.
- Additionally, Assist Finance Manager to prepare and submit monthly cash requests.
- Then, Scan and upload Finance documents to SharePoint.
- Also, Manage the process of clearing bills, payments, and vouchers; and assist in the transfer of project funds from the regional account to field accounts.
- Thereafter, Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Afterwards, Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Last but not least, Track and file personnel leave records both manually and electronically and maintain their tracking spreadsheets accurately and verify staff’s monthly timesheets.
- Finally, Other tasks as assigned.
- Must have a Degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND) – Accounting option. A professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Must have at least (2) two years of work experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or finance assistance.
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations and previous experience working on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Excellent Spoken and Written English highly desired.
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working conditions.
- Ability to take initiatives and be a team player.
How to Apply for Finance Assistant at Creative Associates International
Closing Date: 21st September 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job Opportunity
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED