Finance and Administration Officer Job Vacancy at SOCODEVI
SOCODEVI contributes to improving the living conditions of communities by supporting the creation and strengthening of sustainable and inclusive cooperative or mutual companies.
- Position: Finance and Administration Officer
- Experience Level: Mid Level
- Experience Length: 3-5 years
- Location:Kumasi, Ghana
The TogetHER Project
The TogetHER Project aims to empower women and young adults (18-30 years old) in rural cocoa-producing communities in the Ashanti and Western North regions of Ghana. Training and support will encourage collective savings, entrepreneurship, and financial inclusion while contributing to the sustainable resilience of the cocoa sector and the equal distribution of economic benefits and opportunities.
This project aims to reduce gender gaps in the cocoa sector and encourage resource flows at the community level so that cocoa cooperatives can become more inclusive, foster women and youth equal and effective participation, and truly sustain their empowerment.
Through this project, SOCODEVI is leading the way in transforming existing cooperatives to be more inclusive and resilient in collaboration with all levels of government in Ghana.
1 . Financial Management
- Prepare and process all accounting transactions such as disbursement, cash receipts, journal entries, and advances which are in accordance with R4D finance and accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensure timely submission of monthly requests, reconciliations, and financial statement reports;
- Ensure efficient payments and disbursements according to approved policy and procedures;
- Provide administrative, logistical, and procurement support to the team, including payment to events participants, transportation and accommodation arrangements, and ongoing operations;
- Follow up on issues raised by the Finance and Grants Teams to ensure compliance and resolution;
- Other duties related to logistics and procurement, as assigned by the Project Director and Finance and Administration Manager.
2 . Budget Management
- Assist activities managers with compiling, managing, monitoring, and tracking budget (e.g. organizing invoices, checks, & other financials) and preparing financial/funding reports, when deemed necessary;
- Work with the program team to ensure budget compliance.
3 . Administration and activity management
- Ensure proper function of logistical operations including travel & events organization;
- Ensure proper function of archive and documentation system;
- Ensure maintenance of an up-to-date register of assets;
- Work with the project team to forecast financial transaction needs and support in the identification and recruitment of vendors based on project rules and regulations;
- Lead interactions with external vendors;
- Participate in virtual/in-person periodic check-ins with the finance and grants team in HQ and other partners, as required.
Skills or Experience Required
- Professional degree or post-secondary degree in accounting, finance, administration, or a related degree;
- Between 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in financial management and project administration;
- Experience working with international NGOs and donor-funded projects;
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft office skills are a must, especially for functions relevant to financial management and accounting;
- Must be conversant with financial and accounting terminology;
- Excellent communication skills in English both oral and written;
- Good time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Superb customer service skills – must be able to work effectively with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds and technical expertise;
- Must be dynamic and take initiative;
- Must be a team player.
HOW TO APPLY?
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and current resume with 3 referees to: email@example.com
The title of your message must contain the job title and the Region of preference. We are committed to the principles of fair hiring. Only those selected for an interview will receive an acknowledgment of receipt.
SOCODEVI offers competitive compensation, a full range of benefits, and a great work team.
- The one-year contract is renewable annually;
- Regular working hours: 8 hours a day from Monday through Friday, for a total of 40 hours/week;
- Salary will be paid on a monthly basis (on the 30th day of the month);
- 20 working days of annual leave per calendar year. The annual leave is earned at the rate of 1.67 days per month;
- Periodic meetings could be held in Kumasi, Wiawso, or Accra;
- Working during evenings and weekends might happen when necessary but shouldn’t be frequent.
At SOCODEVI, we recognize that promoting gender equality and a more inclusive world must apply as much to the communities targeted by our projects as to the people who implement them. We, therefore, work to ensure a healthy, respectful and safe work environment for everyone on our team and we act, as an organization, in a responsible, fair and equitable manner.
As with all our positions, we encourage women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities to apply. Your motivation and related experience can make all the difference, so don’t hesitate to apply!
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED