LOCATION: Accra, Ghana
The Beyond Beans Foundation is the implementation partner of ETG Commodities BV trading company for sustainable cocoa programs, that are developed with and for industrial chocolate makers. In close cooperation with our Sustainability Team in West Africa, cocoa suppliers and program partners we support farmers to improve their
farming practices towards a living income, we help communities to tackle child labour, we strive to empower women, and we protect the natural environment with agroforestry and conservation efforts. Beyond Beans is a foundation based out of the Netherlands and has 4 subsidiaries in West Africa: Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria and Cameroon. With our international and driven team of 100+ project and field officers we build dedicated sustainable supply chains towards skilled farmers, resilient communities and a healthy environment.
Beyond Beans team in Ghana has been operating for over 4 years with sustainability activities via partners, however we will now establish our own entity. We are looking for a finance and administrative officer at our office in Accra to help set-up all governing structures in the organization to support the growth of Beyond Beans in
1. Management of Accounting, Financial Reporting and Budgeting
• Execute direct financial transactions and organize bookkeeping for the foundation in Accra
• Review financial reports/realized expenditures and request for funds of partner organizations
• To review all submitted budgets & spending on monthly/quarterly basis and feedback to Beyond Beans Head Office highlighting any variances against budget.
• Coordinate yearly establishment of operational budget with country representative
2. Setting up all structures for establishment of the foundation in Ghana and ensuring it can operate independently
• Leading the efforts in setting up the Ghana legal entity with the applicable regulatory bodies
• Designing required statutory documents including tax policy, ensuring compliance with (Ghana) legislation
• Coordinate the opening of the Beyond Beans bank account in Ghana in collaboration with the Financial
Officer at the Beyond Beans HO and maintain all banking affairs from that moment
3. Office support
• Organise the procurement of equipment in compliance with ETG/Beyond Beans procurement protocols
• Management of upkeep and maintenance of Beyond Beans office supplies and environment
4. Human Resource Management
• Organizing and maintaining payroll of Beyond Beans and staff pay-rolled with partner organization
• Designing and managing contracts of staff pay-rolled with the Beyond Beans Foundation, as well as supervising contract design of staff pay-rolled with partner organization
• Ensuring alignment in HR policies i.e. on allowances, bonuses and health care provision, including for staff pay-rolled with partner organizations
• Designing recruitment protocols and leading recruitment processes
You will be working in our dynamic sustainability team that is spread over The Netherlands (Amstelveen) and West Africa (Ivory Coast, Ghana, Nigeria, and Cameroon). In Accra, you will be based in the office of the core Beyond Beans team with 5 people working on Ghana project management, and work with over 60 staff-members directly and indirectly employed by Beyond Beans in the Ashanti, Western, Central and Eastern regions of Ghana. You’ll work closely with guidance of the Beyond Beans Finance Officer in Amstelveen and report to the Beyond Beans
Ghana country representative.
Qualities we are looking for
• A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance or business administration
• At least 5 years of experience in finance (independently managing a financial caseload)
• A passionate and ambitious worker
• Self-starter and all-round mentality; willing to execute simple tasks as well as manage big portfolios
• Analytic, accurate, efficient and problem-solving
• You need to be innovative and driven to continuously improve our projects and procedures
• Fluency in English; fluency in French is an advantage
What we offer you
You will be part of a fast-growing international organisation and broad network with excellent future career opportunities. We offer substantial freedom in your work, daily sustainability topics, and personal development.
You will be part of the sustainability programs that bring a positive change to cocoa farmer livelihoods and environment. Work Status 40 hours per week. Based in Accra, Ghana, with possible travels to other West-African countries such as Ivory Coast.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your motivation letter and C.V to
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
latest Friday November 27 2020.
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED