School for Life (SfL) is a local Non-Governmental Organization that works to strengthen Civil Society’s role in improving access to relevant quality education.
SfL functions as a lead organization in delivering, demonstrating and advocating for mother tongue based complementary basic education in underserved areas of Ghana and provides complementary educational services to out-of-school children.
SfL also provides technical support to both Government and Non-Governmental Organizations in the area of complementary education and quality education programmes providing innovation and inclusive approaches to education in Ghana.
for Life strives to be a center of excellence that inspires breakthroughs in education.
Location: Ashanti Region
Reports to: Field Coordinator
School for Life in partnership with Luminos Fund will be implementing a Complementary Basic Education /Second Chance Programme, targeting out of school children for a 9-month literacy and numeracy education and onward transition into formal schools for the 2022/23 academic year.
In line with this, School for Life is looking for qualified and experience candidates for Field Supervisor Positions.
This position is a full-time field-based position. The position holder shall be based in a designated District in the Ashanti region.
The position holder shall be responsible for the direct supervision and support for CBE/Second Chance Class Facilitators and Local Committees.
He/she shall also be responsible for coordinating activities of School for Life/Luminos Fund Complementary Basic Education (CBE)/Second Chance Programme in the districts and communities under his/her supervsion.
He/she shall be responsible for regular monitoring of the CBE classes and for the provision of coaching and mentoring support to class facilitators.
He/She shall work closely with the Field Coordinator for community engagements and animations.
- Participate in animation, graduation and registration of learners in communities
- Supervise and motivate facilitators in the designated districts
- Responsible to the Field Coordinator, who can delegate duties related to implementation of internal monitoring of the programme to the Supervisor
- Assist the Community local committees in identification of facilitators in the district and participate in their (facilitator) training.
- Regular monitoring of CBE classes and provision of mentoring and coaching support to class facilitators and Local Committees
- Assist the facilitators in data collection at community level including the tracer studies
- Participate in sensitization of local committees, traditional and opinion leaders
- Submit monthly and situational reports from beneficiary communities to the Field
- Coordinator and assist the coordinator in the report writing
- Implement the strategy for the recruitment of female facilitators
- Establish good working relationship between the Local committees and PTA/SMC’s
- Responsible for continuous animation of both old and current communities
- Team-up with District Coordinators in organizing workshops, courses and other field activities
- Assist facilitators in the registration of children into CBE classes and the integration of graduates into the formal school
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree in education, languages, teacher training or other relevant qualification from a recognized university.
- Candidates with Diploma certificate with prior working experience as a Facilitator of CBE for a minimum of 5 years can also apply.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 3 years’ post qualification experience in the NGO or CSO sector with focus on education intervention and working experience especially in rural environment.
- Candidates with experience implementing the CBE programme have an added advantage.
- Candidates should be able to ride a motorbike in difficult terrains.
Key Personal and Interpersonal Skills:
- Must be a strong team player
- Diligent and able to self-initiate
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Fluent in at least one of the local languages used in the program area especially Asante twi
- High skills in ICT, Microsoft Suite, internet and the use of social media for communication
- Familiarity with local customs and traditions in Ashanti Region
- Preparedness to reside in the district of appointment
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title in the subject line.
Application Closing Date:
Applications should be submitted on or before 24th December, 2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED