ABBAT Field Supervisor at Green for Change Ghana
Green for Change Ghana (GCG) is a registered environmental non-governmental organization focused on combatting climate change through reductions in anthropogenic activities for the benefit of humankind.
The mission of the organization is to develop community-based approaches that are friendly and beneficial to community members towards addressing issues of climate change whilst protecting and conserving natural resources, ecosystems, and the environment at large.
As a conservation-oriented organization, we are committed to working with communities and initiating programs that benefit both communities and the environment. These include providing practical conservation interventions aimed at contributing to the sustainable management of important ecological habitats and strengthening the capacity of communities to be resilient and adapt to current trends in climate change and other environmental threats.
Green for Change Ghana in partnership with Ranas Ltd. (a Switzerland-based company with expertise in behavior change) has received partial funding from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) to implement a scientific research project named “Addressing Behavioral Barriers Associated with Tree Planting (ABBAT)”.
This ABBAT initiative aims at exploring the psychosocial and cultural barriers associated with tree planting and forest protection within the Mole Landscape and develop effective solutions for addressing them. The project is currently planning to conduct a baseline study to establish the current situation on landscape restoration before the implementation of the project.
About the Position
With close supervision of the study co-coordinator, the field supervisor is responsible for quality data collection which can only be attained through proper supervision of the data collection process during data collection. The successful applicant will supervise the field study to guarantee the conduct of quality interviews with the right respondent using the study questionnaire prepared for this purpose.
She/he will monitor all procedures of data quality and ethical requirements including arranging convenient interview settings, obtaining consent, conducting excellent interviews, and properly managing completed questionnaires. Successful candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
- Supervise field data collectors on the field as per the guideline and confirm the completeness and accuracy of the collected data before handing it to the coordinator.
- Monitor the consenting process and confirm that the consenting process is performed before the interview
- Supervised interviewer staff and ensure good team relations in a challenging environment.
- Built and maintained good relationships with local partners in the implementation of project activities.
- Check the data quality during and after data collection.
- Ensure that data collectors are adherent to the principles of privacy and confidentiality including all research and data collection protocols.
- Attend daily review meetings organized by the coordinator.
- Comply with instructions by the study coordinator.
- Provide survey logistics and management support in the field throughout the data collection phase.
- Conduct routine data quality control checks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Location for collection of data:
- West Gonja Municipality, Savannah Region
- Sawla/Tuna/Kalba District, Savannah Region
- Wa East District, Upper West Region
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in social sciences, statistics, or other developmental studies with at least 2 years of relevant research data collection/supervision experience.
- Should have experience in quantitative and/or qualitative field research
- Previous work experience as a data collector with local or international NGOs including research institutions is strongly preferred.
- Previous work experience as a supervisor in surveys is a requirement.
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn
- Familiarity with administering interviews using SurveyCTO or Kobocollect is an added advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and at least one local language of the operation area (Gonja, Dagaare, or Vagla)
- Have access to a smartphone
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills and good team spirit.
- Able and willing to walk long distances during data collection and able to work under minimal supervision.
How to Apply for Field Supervisor at Green for Change Ghana
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their Cover letter and CV documents in a single document in PDF only with three (3) professional referees to email@example.com with the subject heading “ABBAT Field Enumerator”
Closing Date: December 30, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Firstly, Job Recruitment at The Capital Group Limited
- Secondly, International Workplace Group Invites Job Applications
- Thirdly, New Job Opportunity at Robert Walters
- Moreover, APPLY NOW || University of Ghana Job Vacancies
- Additionally, Mastercard Foundation New Vacancy Advertisement
- Then, UNICEF Ghana Job Recruitment For November 2022
- Also, Besa Manufacturing Company New Job Opportunities
- Furthermore, Job Opening at SOS Children’s Villages International
- Afterwards, Farmerline Latest Employment Opportunity
- Finally, Lashibi Funeral Homes & Crematorium Job Vacancies
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED