AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Fibre and Network Technician.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also having a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
- Adhere to the site’s Environmental management plan.
- Report to the Senior C & I Engineer for the purposes of assisting in safety, works in progress and completions.
- Be aware of schedule requirements and able to report early any constraints that may arise during the project.
- Ensure all Fiber Optic cables have been correctly Spliced, labelled and tested using the Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) tester with all results documented as per AGAG’s, QAQC procedures.
- Ensure all category 5 & 6 ethernet cables have been correctly terminated, labelled and tested ensuring correct connectivity to the associated devices with all results documented as per AGAG’s, QAQC procedures.
- Connections and testing of other networking, control and vendor equipment interface cables as required
- Assist in maintaining safety and integrity of the Process Control Network by means of ensuring correct Shielding and Separation of cables as required in AGAG’s Cable specifications.
- Absa Bank Calls For Job Applications
- Fan Milk Plc Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity At Rainforest Alliance
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Certificate or relevant qualification in Electrical, Electronic, Instrumentation or Networking qualification or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Installation and fiber splicing of fiber optic cables in an industrial environment preferably mining
- Testing of fiber optic cables with the use of the OTDR tester
- Installation, connections and testing of category 5 & 6 ethernet cables in an industrial environment preferably mining
- Familiarity with Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation.
- Must possess relevant certificate of competency from Minerals Commission of Ghana
- Be able to splice fiber optic cables, terminate ethernet cables and leave the fiber and ethernet cables in a well-presented manner.
- Have a strong understanding of the general mining PCS Network diagrams.
- Have a strong understanding of Network diagrams for but not limited to MCC’s, RIO Panels, CCTV, vendor interface equipment, PMS Networks.
- Be familiar with vendor documentation associated with mining equipment and mining infrastructure.
- Have an understanding of the overall control and network distribution for materials handling for underground, surface and mining infrastructure.
- Be able to participate in setting up testing programs with regard to A & I Equipment FAT and SA Testing from the fiber optic and ethernet cables point of view.
- Be able to produce test sheets for all Networking cables tested
- Be part a team capable of producing good quality work in a timely manner.
- Continuously improve processes used by the team
- Be part of the team with behaviors consistent with company values
- Participate to initiate, drive, motivate and support the construction project team to deliver the project goals
- Finding innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving
- Be part of an environment of teamwork and willingness to help others
- Able to work with others from all different disciplines
- Organizational skills with focus on, schedules, and progress
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 24th Feb. 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED