Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for FHI 360 Recruitment 2020.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development an organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Finance Officer
Provides support for Finance, Contracts, Operations and Grant function, with an emphasis on subawards management for Act to End Neglected Tropical Diseases | West (Act | West) Ghana project and provides operational support to the Neglected Tropical Diseases Program (NTDP) of the Ghana Health Service. In consultation with the HQ Act | West Associate Director of Finance, work closely with the Regional NTD Advisor and Senior Program Manager to ensure the fiscal well-being of the Ghana country program. Coordinates financial and accounting operations with country-based finance staff, review Ghana hub and Ghana country office expenditures and supports the development of financial reports.
KEY FINANCE/CMS RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares Fixed Amount Awards (FAAs) packages while ensuring financial compliance before submitting to HQ for review.
- Monitors subawards execution to ensure that FAAs are implemented according to the terms and conditions listed in the agreement and in accordance with both USAID regulations and FHI 360 policies and procedures.
- Maintains a FAA and pipeline tracking system and ensures that all FAAs’ documents are maintained according to program standards and policies.
- Reviews FAAs payments’ requests and verifies that associated deliverables are received and approved by the technical monitor. Processes FAAs’ payments in the FHI 360 sub-award tracking (SAT) system.
- Prepares regular management reports on FAAs’ performance and disbursement status; ensures timely and proper close out of these FAAs.
- Prepares quarterly accruals and cost share reports for Act | West Ghana.
- Supports the development of projects reports (annual work plan budget and budget narrative, quarterly financial reports, travel expense reports) according to FHI 360 and USAID requirements.
- Monitors the Act | West Ghana Hub and Ghana country budgets and prepares monthly project pipelines for submission to HQ.
- Maintains and submits to HQ a monthly accruals and commitments trackers for Act | West Ghana.
- Supervises and reviews country financial transactions for Act | West project including FAA payments, travel advance reconciliations and Expatriates allowances.
- Prepares weekly cash request for Act | West Ghana project.
- Any other duties as assigned
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides operational support to the regional Act | West project team based in the FHI 360 Ghana Country office in Accra;
- Provides operational support to the Act | West NTDP team based in the Ghana Health Service Office;
- Collaborate with all units (Finance, Procurement, Travel, Human Resources, IT etc..) within the FHI 360 Ghana Country Office in Accra for effective implementation of the Act | West project.
- Verifies that draft subawards and consultancies are in compliance with FHI 360 policies, donor regulations and the terms and conditions of FHI 360’s awards.
- Provides feedback and clarifications on subaward and consultancy documents that have been submitted for Contracts Management Services (CMS) approval.
- Collaborates with the Procurement Manager in the FHI 360 Country Office to coordinate all procurement in support of the NTDP Ghana and the Act | West project in general.
- Assist the HQ Act | West Finance Lead with various financial reports for the Act | West Program.
EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY
- Familiarity with USAID and FHI 360 Contract and Grant administration
- Demonstrated technical knowledge in US government procurement regulations
- Knowledge of budgets and contracts.
- Proficiency in developing budgets and financial trackers.
- Use of judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant computer software skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Effective team player
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
- Frequent interaction with other staff and capability to resolve problems with tact.
- Regular virtual interaction with HQ.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED