FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Navigation, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Service, Youth, Research and Development- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address interrelated development challenges.
FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S states and all U.S territories. To meet the needs of our rapidly expanding portfolio in Ghana, we seek qualified candidates for the following position to be based in Ghana.
POSITION: Regional Sub-Award Finance and Compliance Officer
The Regional Sub-Award Finance & Compliance Officer supports the development and implementation of processes related to issuing and managing sub-awards. Work will include quality review of sub-award packages and sub-award related work and training and support of WAMERO and project staff in policies and procedures related to sub-award and mangement. S/he will work under the supervision of the Associate Director, Quality Assurance to strengthen and support sub-award work and processes. Focus will be on compliance with processes and standards related to sub-award execution and management
- Review sub-award (sub-grant sub-contract packages prepared by country office and project teams to ensure completeness of documentation and compliance with FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
- Review sub-award (sub-award or sub-contract) close-out packages and provide guidance to project teams on issues related to closing of sub-awards.
- Support project teams with budget development and resolving Finance related issues.
- Build capacity of project teams related to budget development, financial assessment of subcontracts, financial monitoring of subcontract-awards and other finance related tasks.
- Liaise with finance, contracts and technical teams to provide necessary feedback to improve different elements of sub-award packages (such as budgets, budget narratives, negotiation memorandum, pre-award assessment).
- Support project teams as needed to ensure proper monitoring is taking place including proving review, feedback, and problem solving with issues arising from monthly Financial reports.
- Provide guidance to project teams in understanding documentation and filling requirements to ensure projects have complete sub-award files.
- Identity areas of compliance risk and escalate as necessary to appropriate levels of leadership.
- Problem-solve with project staff around issues specific to sub-award compliance, coordinating with project and regional office leadership as needed.
- Support work with Enterprise Services on revising and improving processes.
- Contribute to work with WAMERO colleagues to identify and develop process improvements and implement best practices related to sub-award management
- Train project staff on internal processes, standards, best practices and compliance issues related to developing managing sub-awards.
- BS/BA or international equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- At least 5 years relevant experience working on projects that issued sub-awards and performing activities associated with ensuring compliance with donor’s and company’s reports.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred
- Advanced knowledge of donor (USG) rules and regulations including but not limited to USAID
- Strong analytical skills applied to problems
- Exception by to communicate clearly in both oral and written form. Must be able to read, write and speak Fluent English, in French is desirable but not essential
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit cv/resume and cover letter, Including salary requirements to following the below application instruction.
- Go to https://www.theorg/careers,
- Click on Search Jobs, and search for the position numbers assigned to the position,
- Create an account and follow the application instructions.
- Note: Availability of all positions are contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE:
- Deadline for application is March 18, 2022.
- Accounting, Marketing, Driving And Public Relations Jobs Available
- Empire Credit Limited Invites Job Applications
- Vacancies Available|| School for Life (SfL) Ongoing Recruitment
- Latest Vacancy Available At SNV
- Kantar Latest Employment Opportunity Available
- Last Mile Health Invites Job Applications
- Mastercard Foundation Latest Job Offer
- Johnson & Johnson MSc Global Mental Health Scholarships 2022-2023
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED