The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) is the national voice for Canadian municipal government. FCM is dedicated to improving the quality of life in all communities by promoting strong, effective and accountable municipal governments.
Under the general direction of the Project Director, the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Specialist (GESI Specialist) will provide technical advice on gender equality, the empowerment of women and social inclusion for the PM-WILL project components.
For the inception phase, the successful candidate will lead the development of the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Strategy for the project and contribute to the design and formulation of project activities within the different project components, taking into consideration the context of each target country.
For the implementation phase, she will support the LGAS with planning and implementing the agreed project activities by providing technical advice. She will support the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Sharing strategy, particularly related to Gender Equality and Social Inclusion results by contributing to the preparations of project reports
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in gender studies and/or social/humanitarian studies (post graduate degree is preferred);
- Years’ experience in promoting gender equality and/or working with organizations/projects that promote gender equality, preferably in more than one country or region;
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of projects, ideally related to municipal development or governance;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and French
- Experience in facilitation and training,
- Well organized and leadership skills
- Candidate must be team player, diplomatic and able to manage resistance in a positive and results-oriented manner,
- Experience working with a non-profit organization or international organization would be an advantage
All applicants must be able to legally work in Ghana.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in English, along with salary expectations to our online application found here
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Deadline for applications is September 10, 2021
We thank all candidates for their interest however, we will only contact those selected for an interview. All the applications will be kept on file for six months following the hiring
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED