Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for SOS-Herman Gmeinar International College Recruitment.
SOS-Herman Gmeinar International College is a dynamic co-educational boarding school located in Tema, Ghana. They offer quality pre-university education for students from SOS children’s villages across Africa as well as others from the host country, Ghana and elsewhere.
The school seeks suitably qualified applicants with a firm commitment to teach with an experienced faculty and a highly motivated student body in the 2020/2021 academic year, which starts in August 2020.
Interested applicants are to apply for full time positions in the following subjects :
- Design/ ICT(apply as soon as possible)
- Social and cultural anthropology
SOS-HGIC is a candidate school for teaching the IB middle years programme (MYP) and familiarity/experience with MYP as well as the IBDP ( International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme) would be an advantage.
Please visit www.ibo.org to familiarize yourselves with the curriculum and information on the IB, MYP and IBDP programmes.
The successful candidate;
- Must be caring and understanding and have a strong passion and motivation for teaching and learning
- Is expected to be open-minded have strong communication and writing skills and also be a thinker and problem solver
- Must be familiar with a variety of teaching methodologies
- Is expected to be familiar with teaching students with varying backgrounds and proficiencies in English
- Must be able to show initiative and creativity and also work cooperatively with colleagues to produce and generate appropriate teaching materials
- Must have good IT skills
- Must have a positive work ethic and be able to engage students in a challenging and interesting manner
- Must be knowledgeable in the subject area and have teaching qualifications and/or have the capacity to acquire the necessary skills for the job
- Must be prepared to take on pastoral roles and participate fully and enthusiastically in all activities of the school including extracurricular activities
- Must be prepared to participate in recruitment programmes of the school
For the ICT/Design position in particular, the successful candidate should have a profound research interest in technology as well as competence in project designing and the making of prototype/models.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications and curriculum vitae including three references should be sent to:
by January 31st, 2020.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUPS, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE