Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Fairtrade Africa- West Africa Network Recruitment 2020.
Fairtrade Africa- West Africa Network is a global movement which addresses the injustices of conventional trade by supporting smallholder farmers and workers to secure better terms of trade.
Fairtrade Africa, a member of the wider International Fairtrade movement represents Fairtrade certified producers in Africa and the Middle East.
- Company: Fairtrade Africa- West Africa Network
- Location: Goaso, Brong Ahafo Region, Ghana
- State: Sunyani
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Project Officer
- Establish a business case for each project, supported by budget information and income projections
- Manage the implementation of projects to develop the capacity of hired labour organizations and workers
- Monitor operational activities and effectiveness of results and milestones
- Compile monthly updates and quarterly reports using FTA and project templates
- Support the development of project proposals
Provide thematic training and technical advisory support training to producer organisations and Fairtrade Premium Committees:
- Project and financial management
- Gender mainstreaming
- Hired Labour Standards
- Fairtrade Premium management
- Product Certification Cycle
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local communities, public and government institutions, educational institutions among other stakeholders
- Understand producer needs and concerns, advocate on relevant policies to enhance FTA’s work with the local opinion leaders and decision-makers.
- Ensure awareness of the local trends, perceptions and players in the local community.
- Advice on how to manage risk and optimise on the opportunities
- Influence localised policies and perceptions in favour of FTA through the support of the D4A Project Coordinator.
- Support the identification of opportunities for programmes and projects development
- Support and provide advice to producer groups to enable access to trade and marketing opportunities
- Support the needs and situational assessment of HLOs and propose recommendations to best support workers
- Support in provision of technical assistance to HLOs in the development of business strategic plans, marketing plans related to business development and growth requirements
Skills & Experience Required
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of 3 years’ project management experience in a similar environment
- Experience of delivering training to a range of audiences
- Experience in business development within sustainable supply chains
- Knowledge and understanding of labour laws and industrial relations in Ghana
- Knowledge and understanding of Fairtrade standards
- Thematic knowledge and expertise in FTA’s priority areasBachelor’s Degree in Economics, Agriculture or related fieldExperience And Knowledge
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals across multi-functional disciplines
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Ability to speak the local language.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 24th October 2020.
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED