Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade-certified producers and workers in Africa and the Middle East. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and the Middle East & North Africa.
Established in 2005, FTA is a member of Fairtrade International and currently represents over one million farmers and workers in over 500 producer organizations spread across 33 countries in Africa by providing services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods.
Fairtrade Africa’s interventions are guided by the Fairtrade Theory of Change which visually expresses how these ultimately lead to global Fairtrade Goals www.fairtradeafrica.net.
ABOUT THE JOB
To assist in the execution of FTA’s financial policy manual and HR & Administration, systems, policies and procedure, supporting key functions, including the timely and accurate processing of financial, accounting, HR and administration data.
LOCATION: Accra, Ghana
- Post holder reports to: Finance & Administration Officer
- Staff reporting to this post: None
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support in monthly bank reconciliation statements for the organization’s bank accounts and petty cash
- Assist Financial Accountant in updating the assets register.
- Prepare financial activities report and or financial departmental reports when required.
- Posting of financial transactions on the accounting system and making online payments
- Prepare and submit monthly statutory deductions on timely basis.
- Act as banking agent and responsible for all FTA bank accounts with various banks
Requisitions and Procurement
- Prepare cash requisitions for facilitation of workshops and trainings sessions.
- Prepare and facilitate requisitions for procurement of office supplies and assets.
- Establish, maintain and update supplier’s data base.
- Facilitate travel requests for FTA consultants and staff, ensuring that all transport issues are handled effectively.
HR and Administrative Support
- Monitor and procure kitchen supplies as needed.
- Monitor the reception and switchboard, responding to and redirecting queries as appropriate.
- Supervise office cleanliness, repair and maintenance
- Support the recruitment process
- Establish an effective filing system for the Finance and HR department.
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- A diploma or Certificate in HR & administration will be an added advantage
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 1 – 3 years’ accounting experience
- Knowledge of financial systems, including accounting systems and budgetary control
- Sound knowledge of Ghana tax laws
- Strong financial management and accounting skills
- Data entry and records maintenance skills
- Book keeping and accounting skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good MS Office skills particularly MS Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work with different accounting packages
- Good customer services skills
How To Apply
- An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website http://www.fairtradeafrica.net/about-us/jobs-and-volunteering/ If you have any queries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE is 26th November 2021
Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment. Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT) and be e-mailed to email@example.com
- All applicants should state how they meet the essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts, and three referees with contact details on the application form.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED