Exploration Geologist at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI (IDUAPRIEM) LIMITED (A subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti Limited) operate the combine Teberebie and Iduapriem open-pits gold mines at Tarkwa in the Western Region of Ghana and has a work force of over 1400, including contractors.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
- Position: Geologist – Exploration
- Job Grade: Stratum I – Mid
- Contract Type/Duration: Permanent
- Number of Position(s): One (1)
- Department: Geology
To assist in planning and implementation of surface exploration on regional licenses, including project logistics, providing relevant process expertise and oversight responsibilities of the exploration activities.
- Firstly, Assist in planning and implementation of surface exploration on regional licenses, including project logistics, providing relevant process expertise and oversight.
- Secondly, Perform scouting of exploration activities on the lease.
- Thirdly, Collect and evaluate regional geological, geochemical, and geophysical data and information.
- Moreover, Assist in analytical compilation and assessment of regional exploration data and results
- Additionally, Maintain high quality data collection, management, and storage.
- Then, Assist in the interpretation of geophysical and geochemical data and its resulting target generating exercise.
- Also, Geological mapping and sampling of anomalies develop and rank Au targets for follow-up testing, drilling supervision and logging.
- Furthermore, Monthly Reporting on Exploration progress and interpretation of results and data for regional targets
- Then, Collate all weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly exploration costs against budget, produce technical reports on regional exploration activities over these periods and prepare regional exploration monthly accruals.
- Also, Ensure all geological duties on regional exploration assets and / or projects are carried out in a timely and effective manner.
- Lastly, Provide training and supervision to Field Technicians
- BSc in Geology, Geological Engineering, Geophysics, Geosciences or Earth Science from a recognize institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year working experience in a similar role within mining/exploration industry with drill rig operation and sampling
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers
- Experience in mapping, sedimentological core logging, exploration RC & DD drilling and sampling.
- Computer literate and the ability to use mining and exploration softwares to analyze numerical and graphical data
- GIS application in mineral exploration and knowledgeable in both sedimentary and hydrothermal deposits
- Ability to work systematically and not under pressure with quality of work as a priority
- Able to identify risk, analyze and solve problems and good communication skills
- Be able to embrace new techniques and technologies, and be interested in keeping up to date on industry requirements and advancements
- Have a good work ethic and be goal oriented
- Possess valid Ghanaian Driving License and ability to drive Light Vehicle
How to Apply for Exploration Geologist at AngloGold Ashanti Limited
Interested candidates should submit their application by clicking on “APPLY” button below before close of business on Thursday 06 October 2022. Applicants not contacted within 31 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Closing Date : 6th October, 2022
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
- University of Ghana Announces Job Vacancies
- USAID West Africa Call For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity at WASCAL
- West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Invites Job Applications
- Newmont Mining Corporation Job Available Vacancy
- Adeo Ghana Invites Job Applications
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research Call For Job Applications
- Canonical Latest Job Vacancies
- Massive Recruitment|| SOCODEVI Invite Job Applications
- Massive Recruitment|| MDF West Africa Limited Job Openings
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED