AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Exploration Geologist.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To provide dependable systems of work that reliably delivers the expected ore grade and tonnage from mine to mill. Integrate the technical studies, programs, and analysis of exploration geology with the business objectives and processes of mine planning, mining production, and process plant.
The Exploration Geologist is responsible for ensuring that all exploration activities are conducted according to industry best practice. This include but not limited to logging, sampling, mapping, report writing, generation of plans and sections, data collection and management as input to both geological and mineral resource modelling in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Establish the necessary foundation for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, and being operationally ready
- Implement the current Obuasi Mine redevelopment geology plan and improve upon it where possible
- Prepare Geology LOM plans and annual budget, rolling annual forecasts consistent with the approved project.
- Manage the delivery of the Geology Department budget as minimum requirement through the performance of Chief Geologist Team
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Geology Department regarding Safety, Health, and Sustainable Development
- Environmental management that is integrated into the Geology Department business plan and for drilling, core yard and laboratory
- Resource and develop the people within the Geology Department to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, LoM plan and strategy according to their role and level of authority
- Nurture and Sustain a site culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within Geology Department
- Support the MD in maintaining constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Exco, Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, CAR, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Contractors, Ghana Chamber of Mines, Mineral Commission, Stool Lands Administrator)
- Absa Bank Calls For Job Applications
- Fan Milk Plc Calls For Job Applications
- Exciting Career Opportunity At Rainforest Alliance
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Geosciences/Geology/Geological Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ underground working experience
- In-depth knowledge of logging, mapping and interpretation of data
- Basic working knowledge in Datamine and Century Systems software / In-depth knowledge in geological mapping, plotting and interpretation of data
- Basic Understanding of Safety Leadership is required;
Applied Geological Methods
- Drilling / Sampling / Logging / Assaying/ Mapping / Database (BA)
- Coreyard / Equipment (BU)
- Basic Application of Geological Theory is required.
Mine Geology Methods
- Basic Application of Mine Geology Methods is required.
- Basic Understanding of Exploration Methods is required.
- Basic Understanding most items in Estimation Methods is required.
- Basic Application of Operational Management is required.
Business Planning Methods
- Basic Application of Business Planning is required.
- Basic Application of Operational Excellence is required.
- Basic Application of Project Management is required.
- Fostering a team environment – inspiring and motivating others, promoting collaboration and team work, developing others, communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – Taking ownership one’s personal development
- Building effective working relationships – ability to build a winsome team with a strong and effective working relationship and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship
- Building Trust and Accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty
- Creating Organizational Transformation – Displaying strategic perspective in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives
- Maximizing Performance Results – Solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date : 24th Feb. 2022
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED