The West African Power Pool (WAPP) is a Specialised Institution of the Economic Community of West African States, (ECOWAS) established by the Authority of Heads of State and Governments of ECOWAS Member States to ensure the integration of the national power system operations into a unified regional electricity market in order to provide the citizens of ECOWAS Member States with a regular, stable and reliable electricity supply at affordable costs, over the medium to long term. This aims to encourage industrialisation, improve Health and Education, Reduce Poverty, Create Employment Opportunities. ete…
Within the framework of the WAPP-GIZ Technical Assistance Programme, it is envisaged to contract a Programme Management Officer to provide technical support in planning and implementation of capacity building activities, particularly
those related to the development and good functioning of the network of the WAPP Regional Centres of Excellence (REC).
The minimum qualifications and the functions of the Programme Management Officerare defined hereafter:
Department: Department of Administration and Finance (D/A&F)
Position Title: Position Type Contract Type Reports to: Subordinates:
Training Planning & Implementation Officer
Fixed-Term Appointment (FTA of 12 months), with possible 24 months additional extension WAPP Capacity Building Programme Coordinator
Under the direct supervision of the Capacity-Building Programme Coordinator and the overall supervision of the Director of Administration and Finance, the Training Planning & Implementation Officer is mainly responsible for the preparation and implementation of capacity-building activities, especially those related to the development and good functioning of the network of the WAPP Regional Centres of Excellence (RCES).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
The Training Planning & Implementation Officer’s key tasks shall be
1. Initially assist in the implementation of the recommendations of the Regional Centres of Excellence
(RCES) networking strategy adopted by WAPP bodies:
2. Contribute to the definition, development and implementation of the organisational structure and legal framework of the RCEs network and ensure its proper functioning:
3. Ensure that the Network’s activities are integrated into a quality approach that is part of a normative framework:
4. Assist in the development of a communication strategy and participate in the implementation of related
5. Contribute to the identification of training needs at the regional level and collaborate with the RCEs in the development of training programs that meet these market needs and ensure that the implementation of training is based on a quality management system;
6. Collaborate with RCEs in the finalisation and adoption of evaluation criteria of excellence, and take the necessary steps for the evaluation of RCES;
7. Support the RCEs in the finalisation of the specialisation reference framework by Strong Poles, as well as their implementation in the RCES
8. Assist the RCEs and the Secretariat in the identification and implementation of activities related to the On-line training Strategy (E-Learning);
9. Update the database of the RCEs network, including the list of regional trainers and regional trainings
10. Assist in the preparation and organisation of regional trainings including the preparation of Terms of Reference for trainings, trainers contracts (if necessary), training logistics, etc.;
11. Manage in collaboration with the RCES, the regional training schedules
12. Contribute to the preparation of the Annual Work Programme of the Administration & Finance
Department of WAPP Secretariat and ensure its timely implementation:
13. Prepare, if necessary, the minutes and reports network coordination meetings:
of working sessions and meetings, particularly those of the
14. Prepare periodic (monthly. bi-annual & annual) CB activity reports
15. Maintain up-to-date information on the network’s communication media (website, social networks, WAPP newsletter, etc.)
16. Other missions as assigned by the Supervisor or the WAPP Director of Administration and Finance.
Post Graduate Degree (A Level+5) in resource management engineering (training & organizational development) with good knowledge of electricity and/or economics or related fields.
Professional Years’ Experience:
Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience in similar positions is required. Experience in the electricity sector and in a similar position with a regional or international
organization would be an advantage.
Programme Project Management
Academic and Professional Qualifications Required
Have a know-how in the preparation and implementation of programs/projects financed Abilities Required: Technical and Financial Partners, particularly the GIZ;
Skills and Ability to draft Terms of Reference, Concept Notes and Memoranda: Have proven organizational abilities in planning and implementation of work programs and budget:
Ability to set up and manage a dashboard for monitoring activities,
Editorial and Verbal Communication
Ability to concisely and clearly communicate; Good listening skills, correct interpretation of other people’s messages and ability to respond appropriately
Ability to write and format documents, minutes and reports of meetings (Working Groups Expert Groups);
Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to draw conclusions and make
and recommendations: Demonstrate tact, discretion, ethics, and open-mindedness in sharing information and informing stakeholders.
Proficiency in the use of IT tools such as MS Office applications (Word, Excel, power-point, Publisher, etc.) and Internet research and video conferencing tools (Teams, GoToMeeting, zoom etc.);
The incumbent must have an oral and editorial proficiency in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
A proficiency language test in both languages will be conducted before selection
Particular Conditions of Work:
Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines, with accuracy and professionalism: Results-oriented and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
This position is funded by the GIZ/ProCEM Award for a period of one (1) year, extendable on 24 months, subject to the availability of funds, the extension of the GIZ Programme and a satisfactory
performance evaluation. The successful applicant shall therefore be offered an initial Fix-Term
Contract of twelve (12) months with a probationary period of six (6) months and shall be subject to the availability of funds. The WAPP Secretariat offers a competitive compensation packages
comparable to those offered by similar regional/international organizations.
WAPP is an equal opportunity employer that offers equal chances to men and women. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Both internal and external candidates are encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for this position must apply online either in English or in French, by visiting the following link: http://www.ecowapp.org/careers
All Applications must be submitted online. Paper applications will not be accepted. Applications sent after the required submission deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications envisaged, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next stage of the recruitment process.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
Applications for the position shall be received from 24th February 2021 to 24th April 2021 at noon, 12:00 pm, Benin local
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED