Vien Health is an inspired team with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere through the best possible medicine.
We are looking for an experienced Android Developer to join a talented team in the Platform Services engineering group This role is an opportunity to build in a new codebase with minimal legacy code concerns. On our team, everyone needs to act like a startup CEO. You must be self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You live to build new things and thrive in ambiguity.
You are excited by the opportunity to leverage your years of experience to build substantial new technology that will change people’s relationships with healthcare. You hate shipping bugs so you appreciate how a typed language can catch most errors during the compilation (or transpilation) phase. You strive to make your code modular, reusable, and clear for all who come after you. You want to be a part of a growing team that cares about code quality, emphasizes code ownership, and supports those practices through clear communication, regular code reviews, and comprehensive automated testing.
- Proven Android app development using Java & Kotlin is a MUST
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Write tests to ensure quality and increase future velocity
- Mindfulness of patient privacy and security in daily work
- Ensure responsiveness of applications by testing and fixing bugs or other coding issues
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid foundation in algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and software design
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Experience with any of the following: Docker, Kafka, Java, Kotlin, stream processing, or GraphQL APIs
- Experience using distributed tracing tools, working in a microservices environment
- Front-end development experience.
- You have at least 4 years of experience using Kotlin to develop and deliver production applications for Android
Vien Health is an inspired team with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere through the best possible medicine. We are building a new operating system in healthcare – one that combats the biggest challenges in healthcare across Africa. Our work is inspired by our members’ journey and our actions are focused on impact and results. We excel in a dynamic while appreciating what it means to be healthy and well.
Method of Application
Closing Date: Ongoing
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED