At Origin Chemist, we spend our days thinking and developing innovative ways of providing good health for everyone, now and for future generations.
We seek to challenge the norms and build a company that inspires trust and teamwork. We have learnt to dream big, think far, and do what no one thought possible.
With a growing team of passionate professionals headquartered at Mataheko-Afienya, Ghana, we have been able to leverage our selfless ambition to ensure that healthcare is made truly accessible and affordable for everyone.
In only a few years, we have been able to extend our unique services and low-cost quality products to thousands of people at Mataheko-Afienya, Akosombo, Dawhenya-Prampram, Ada, Tema, East Legon, Madina, and other adjourning areas in Ghana.
In 2021, we received accreditation from Pharmacy Council, Ghana to run Origin Training Centre; a centre that is dedicated to raising health professionals (i.e. Medicine Counter Assistants) who are truly concerned about others.
Here, we provide superior training that inspires compassion for patients and dares change consistently to build healthier communities.
The Head of Administration and Human Resources serves in a dual role involving the full spectrum of both general administrative management and human resource management responsibilities in support of Origin Chemist and Origin Training Centre’s overall mission and objectives.
The position is responsible for performing HR-related duties in the functional areas of benefits administration, employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, and policy implementation.
The position is also responsible for administrative duties of the company and also general management of Origin Training Centre.
Key Responsibilities (General)
- Manage day-to-day office operations; oversee and coordinate overall office activities and provide administrative support to the executive leadership
- Manage relationships with working departments; coordinate office maintenance and support needs
- Supervise the acquisition and maintenance of company equipment and supplies, in accordance with Origin Chemist’s purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Serve as the main point of contact with Origin Chemist’s external community and ensure that all needs are addressed in a timely manner
- Identify and oversee services with commercial vendors for all of Origin Chemist’s operational requirements
- Coordinate all company’s efforts related to recruitment, onboarding, and termination of full-time, part-time, and temporary employees;
- Develop, implement and manage staff performance and professional development plan that aligns with the company’s mission, vision, and objectives which will drive high performance;
- Nurture a positive working environment and define employee relations practices necessary to promote a high level of employee morale, engagement, and motivation
- Create and maintain master HR files; ensure paperwork is complete and compliant with regulatory requirements and company needs;
- Complete periodic reconciliation of benefits and payroll records and rectify issues in a timely manner;
- Administer HR policies and procedures and periodic updates to employee handbook;
- Assist staff with HR-related questions and issues and provide periodic communication on benefits and related information to employees;
- Assess company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives for employees
- Continuously work on developing the most effective and economical recruitment methods and ensure that they align with current and future needs for the company’s human capital;
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer, General Manager, and/or any officer appointed by the CEO.
Key Responsibilities (Specific to Origin Training Centre)
- Manage budgets, logistics, and events or meetings
- Handle scheduling, record-keeping, and reporting
- Ensure the school complies with relevant laws and regulations
- Develop and run educational programs
- Hire, train and advise staff
- Counsel students when needed
- Resolve conflicts and other issues
- Communicate with parents, regulatory bodies, and the public
- Have a hand in the creation of the school curriculum
- Implement actions that improve the school and the quality of education (e.g. building renovations, new guidelines for students, new subjects)
- Help shape and uphold the vision of the school
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree (or relevant experience) in Business Administration with specialization in Leadership Development, Psychology, Education, Finance/Accounting, Human Resources or related discipline
- Professional HR qualification certificate (SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SPHRi credential) is an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a similar role
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Strong analytical and excellent presentation skills;
- Language proficiency in English, Akan, or any local language; fluency in French is an added advantage
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and a can-do attitude;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and perform other duties as reasonably required to achieve the goals of the company.
- A pharmacist with similar qualifications above is an added advantage.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 19th November 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED