- Company: MainOne
- Location: Ghana
- State: Jobs in Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Ghana
The Data Center Facility & BMS Engineer will be responsible for capacity planning and upgrade, ability to plan, and upgrade systems within the infrastructure.
Other responsibilities will include;
- Carrying out troubleshooting and diagnoses of failed critical equipment and determine root cause of equipment failure, take first-line corrective action to restore the equipment and ensure reliability improvement of same equipment.
- Innovate, Implement, and practice energy savings and reduce the cost of operation.
- Evaluate new products and technologies to ensure efficient and effective infrastructure delivery
- Provide direction for the day to day operations and monitoring of the Data Center electrical & mechanical components such as CHILLERS, CRAC/CRAH VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV, Water Leakage Detection etc.
- Performing, supervising, scheduling Corrective Maintenance in the Data Centers and change management
- Second level troubleshooting and resolution of Mechanical and Electrical related faults relating to Generators, Chillers, HPAC/CRAC units, secondary Pumps, Extractor fans, UPS, AVR etc.
- Ensures preventative and predictive maintenance program is implemented and followed throughout with support vendors as planned
- Maintain adequate records for undergoing operational audits both internal as well as external
- Facility vendor/Contractor supervision.
- Ensure proper and effective housekeeping within the facility
- Ability to monitor the delivery of service especially by 3rd party vendors rendered to customers
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Transferable experience of at least 4 years
- The capability of creating, understanding and interpreting Single Line Diagrams with the view of resolving second level electrical issues.
- Good Knowledge of BMS server, DCIM Server, NVR, CHILLERS, CRAH/CRAC, VESDA & FM200, Access Control, CCTV Systems, HVAC Systems, intrusion detection System
- Excellent second level ability to troubleshoot Mechanical and Electrical systems faults within the DC infrastructure.
- Good Technical Knowledge of various Electrical and Mechanical Distribution and sub systems
- Capacity planning change management and ability to develop MOP for all change and plan upgrade within the infrastructure.
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational skills and innovative problem-solving abilities.
- Good communication & interpersonal skills, multitasking with an ability to interact with a wide range of people and be a Good Team player.
- Excellent logical reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- B-Eng. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- ITIL Certification and any relevant Facility Management/BMS/DCIM certification will be added advantage.
Demands of the Job
Ability and willingness to work efficiently with or without supervision
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED