The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries.
The EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Ghana’s mission is “Building a strong partnership with Ghana to promote Peace and Prosperity for People and Protecting the Planet”.
We offer a post of Accounts Clerk in the Administration Section. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
The jobholder will provide financial and administrative assistance and analyze financial information for monthly financial reports.
He/she will assist in the management of the Imprest Account and other related tasks such as data entry and reconciliation of cash payments.
He/she will replace the Accountant during absences. The place of employment is Delegation of the European Union to Ghana -The Round House – 81, Cantonments Road, P. O. Box 9505 KIA, Accra, Ghana.
We offer a competitive position in an international and multicultural environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for
- We are looking for an accurate, organised and detailed oriented candidate with good planning skills.
- A self-starter, active learner, responsible and responsive who can work with short deadlines.
Requirements of the post are as follow:
- To provide financial and administrative assistance to the administrative section under the direct supervision of the Head of Administration and in close collaboration with the Accountant (Administrative Assistant)
- To analyse financial information and assist in preparing the monthly financial report for the Imprest Account
- To carry out general office work of secretarial nature as directed
Functions and duties:
Financial Initiating Agent in Accounting System (ABAC)
- Encoding of invoices, preparation of Payment Requests and Payment Orders, screening of supporting documents, verifying the third parties data.
- Registration of third parties and their bank details (Legal Entity Form and Bank file). Follow-up with Headquarters
- Processing of missions and plane ticket payments
- Processing of medical bills from various hospitals
- Processing of Rent Advance payment for expatriate staff
- Processing reimbursement of representation cost
- Reimbursements of expenses related to the Residence
- Register separately the recoverable VAT under the appropriate suspense accounts
- Link good receipts to invoice when asset is acquired
- Management of the Petty Cash (GHS) according to the EEAS rules
- Voucher entry and reconciliation of cash payments in excel Journal
- Reimbursements of small expenses
Budget Management System for Delegations (BUDGDEL)
- Budget monitoring to ensure funds are always available when needed
- Create budget requests for specific expenses and commit same in ABAC
- Select and link posting criteria to the appropriate commitment in ABAC
Execution of Payment on Local Bank
- Verification of the authorizations to pay from Headquarters (LOCPAY)
- Encoding payments for suppliers or third parties on the online banking payment platform.
- Prepare bank transfers and issue cheques when necessary
- Regular labelling and filing of payments and other documents
- Assist with the justifying documents for Ex-post-control transactions
- Issue VRPOs – VAT Relief Purchase Order for all tax invoices and keep a separate record in excel for the GRA
- Process TIN number registration and handle VAT refund for expatriate staff
- Follow-up on suppliers for the submission of bills
- Act as backup for the Accountant (Administrative Assistant) during absences
- Any additional requests from the Head of Administration or the Head of Delegation
Qualification Required & Experience
- Min HND Accountancy (Higher National Diploma) or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a similar field.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in performing the above mentioned tasks
Knowledge of languages
- Fluent in English both oral and written(C2 Level)
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should send their application and supporting documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) indicating as the subject: “Application LA: Accounts Clerk – [Family Name and first name]“.
The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV and one reference.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for a written test and an interview.
Recruitment of the successful candidate will be subject to medical fitness.
Closing Date: 25 October, 2021
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED