September 19th, 2022 at 09:42 am
Environmental and Forestry Specialist, TogetHER project Job at SOCODEVI
SOCODEVI contributes to improving the living conditions of communities by supporting the creation and strengthening of sustainable and inclusive cooperative or mutual companies.
- Position: Environmental and Forestry Specialist, TogetHER project
- Experience Level: Mid to Senior Level
- Experience Length: 5-10 years
- Minimum Qualification: B.Sc. or M.Sc in Environmental Sciences or Forestry
- Location: Kumasi, Ghana
The TogetHER Project
The TogetHER Project aims to empower women and young adults (18-30 years old) in rural cocoa-producing communities in the Ashanti and Western North regions of Ghana. Training and support will encourage collective savings, entrepreneurship, and financial inclusion while contributing to the sustainable resilience of the cocoa sector and the equal distribution of economic benefits and opportunities.
This project aims to reduce gender gaps in the cocoa sector and encourage resource flows at the community level so that cocoa cooperatives can become more inclusive, foster women and youth equal and effective participation, and truly sustain their empowerment.
Through this project, SOCODEVI is leading the way in transforming existing cooperatives to be more inclusive and resilient in collaboration with all levels of government in Ghana.
Reporting to the Project Director and working closely with the Principal Coordinator and Finance Specialist and the Environment team in SOCODEVI Head Office, the Environmental & Forestry Specialist will work in partnership with Ghanaian Ministry, Departments, and Institutions involved in the Cocoa Value Chain to provide technical assistance to cooperatives to achieving the project targets which include but are not limited to;
- Understand, comprehend, and produce necessary knowledge materials on important national/institutional natural resources and conservation policies that have environmental implications for the cocoa sector;
- Provide guidance to policy issues with respect to forestry and biodiversity conservation and analysis of issues that are affecting the cocoa sector;
- Provide technical advice on forest-related project activities to ensure that the activities in each output area are timely, efficiently, and effectively implemented in accordance with the project document and work plan;
- Liaise with relevant members of staff, consultants, Socodevi technical staff, COCOBOD, and Forestry Commission as necessary to ensure efficient and effective implementation of project outputs;
- Support timely submission of project/progress reports and in the preparation of other reports as may be required.
Skills or Experience Required
- This position requires a strong background (at least a B.Sc.) in Environmental Management, Forestry, or Natural Resource Management with at least 5 to 10 years of relevant experience in Ghana’s forestry and agriculture sectors.
- Experience and/or familiarity with environmental management systems, farmer training, agroforestry practice, and GIS and other data management tools and systems would be an asset.
- Experience in policy-related issues with respect to forestry and biodiversity conservation and analysis of issues that are affecting the cocoa sector i.e. tree tenure rights, land tenure, land use planning, etc.
- Ability to communicate complex information in understandable and relevant terms adapted for different stakeholders, especially communities.
- Proven project coordination skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize a diverse workload within a team.
- Excellent command of English is essential.
- The successful candidate will be expected to undertake fieldwork.
- This position carries considerable responsibility and autonomy and requires good organizational capacity, good interpersonal and networking skills, and a willingness to work as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially email communications.
- Advanced computer skills (Windows, MS Office, Sharepoint).
HOW TO APPLY?
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and current resume with 3 referees to: email@example.com
The title of your message must contain the job title and the Region of preference. We are committed to the principles of fair hiring. Only those selected for an interview will receive an acknowledgment of receipt.
SOCODEVI offers competitive compensation, a full range of benefits, and a great work team.
- Firstly, the one-year contract is renewable annually;
- Secondly, regular working hours: 8 hours a day from Monday through Friday, for a total of 40 hours/week;
- Thirdly, salary will be paid on a monthly basis (on the 30th day of the month);
- Also, 20 working days of annual leave per calendar year. The annual leave is earned at the rate of 1.67 days per month;
- Thirdly, periodic meetings could be held in Kumasi, Wiawso, or Accra;
- Last but not least, working during evenings and weekends might happen when necessary but shouldn’t be frequent.
At SOCODEVI, we recognize that promoting gender equality and a more inclusive world must apply as much to the communities targeted by our projects as to the people who implement them. We, therefore, work to ensure a healthy, respectful and safe work environment for everyone on our team and we act, as an organization, in a responsible, fair and equitable manner.
As with all our positions, we encourage women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, and people with disabilities to apply. Your motivation and related experience can make all the difference, so don’t hesitate to apply!
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOBS AVAILABLE
- Progress Savings and Loans Invites Job Applications
- Job Vacancy at Valley View University
- CARE Ghana Calls For Job Applications
- Visa Solutions Healthcare Job OpportunityAll Posts
- Exciting Career Opportunity at InEvent
- Latest Employment Opportunity at Halliburton
- New Internship Opportunity at Siemens
- Latest Job Recruitment at Enterprise Life
- Ernest & Young Announces New Job Opportunity
- Underground Mining Alliance Job Vacancy
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED