The Environment and Climate Safeguards Specialist’s overall responsibility will be assessing, evaluating, and supporting client environmental and social risk management and performance, and preparing high-quality reports for stakeholders in accordance with international good practices and standards.
- Provide environmental and social knowledge and input into project ideation, preparation, and implementation including proposal development, project management, and risk management and reporting.
- Coordinate closely with the project team, including internal project staff, consultants, client representatives in planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project performance.
- Provide necessary technical assistance and coordination into the environmental and social management system development and implementation.
- Undertake regular field visits to project sites to assess environmental impacts and collect environmental monitoring information.
- Keep accurate records of environmental supervision of project activities in a systemic manner that allows easy search and find of all documents upon request.
- Conduct environmental due diligence and impact assessments of projects and develop implementable environmental action plans for implementation.
- Provide technical support to clients through training and capacity building and guidance.
- Provide technical input into business activities such as planning, marketing and sales
- Support bidding documents and contracts to include necessary environmental provisions.
- Analyze project implementation reports to ensure that all work is completed in full compliance with all project requirements and standards
- Supervising clients in handling specific environmental and social issues
- Provide coordination support to develop and review environmental risk management instruments in accordance with legal requirements and international good practice.
Required Skills or Experience
- An environmental science, natural resources, climate science degree, preferably at Master’s level, or in a related relevant degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in areas relevant to environmental and climate risk management.
- Experience in international environmental compliance safeguards policies and standards
- Good knowledge of the relevant regulations/directives and operations of multilateral development organizations and executing agencies will be an advantage.
- Proven experience and skills in managing projects.
- Proven capacity to work across multiple stakeholders, including government entities, civil society organizations (CSOs), local communities, and the private sector.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced Power Point/presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Integrative Skills – Working to develop an integrated view across all facets of current sector.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for timely response to client queries, requests or needs.
- Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Actively seeks knowledge needed to complete assignments communicating and presenting information in a clear and organized manner.
- Analyses facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
How To Apply
All applications should be sent to [email protected]
Deadline: 30th November 2021
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED