Enumerators, Lively Minds Evaluation Extension (LMEE) Project
- Location: Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East, Upper West Regions, Bono East, Bono, Ahafo, and Oti Region
- Deadline to apply: 17th December 2021
- Duration: Approximately 3-4 months.
- Desired start date: 10th January, 2022
- Language requirement: Buli, Dagbani, Frafra, Gruni, Kasem, Mamprusi, Talensi, Hausa, Dagaari, Sissali, Twi, Ewe, Buem and Chumburung (Nchumuru) and Guan dialect spoken in the specified geographical locations
- Job Code: LMEE-BL-ENUM-21
- Reports to: Team Leader
IPA is partnering with the United Kingdom-based Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) to conduct a study to evaluate the effectiveness of the Lively Minds Program, which is being currently implemented by the Ghana Education Service (GES).
The Lively Minds Program aims to improve early childhood development in rural Ghana through scalable low-cost community-run play schemes by training GES kindergarten (pre-school) teachers and mothers of pre-school children in highly deprived communities in Ghana to set up and run educational play schemes in existing GES pre-schools using local materials. This study – Lively Minds Extension Evaluation (LMEE) – will be conducted in 55 districts in Northern Ghana
The study will be carried out with communities, households, children, and teachers in the Northern, North East, Savannah, Upper East, and Upper West Regions, Bono East, Bono, Ahafo and Oti regions of Ghana.
IPA is looking to recruit Enumerators on a short-term contract of approximately 3-4 months to carry out baseline data collection. Therefore, applicants are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above field position to work on the LMEE.
The Surveyors will conduct in-person interviews with Community Leaders, Kindergarten Teachers, and Primary Caregivers of Target Children; observations of Kindergarten Classrooms; and assessments of Target Children of kindergarten age.
- Conduct baseline surveys in assigned communities;
- Live within assigned districts or field stations during the period of the survey;
- Adhere to all IPA survey and data protocols;
- Adhere to all covid-19 protocols outlined by the Ghana Health Service.
- Promptly respond to contact from the Field Manager, Field Supervisor, Team Leaders, or other IPA staff.
- Perform other duties related to the project that may be assigned to him/her
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have Higher National Diploma (HND), first degree or its equivalent from a reputable institution with at least one-year field/data collection experience
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn.
- Familiarity with administering interviews using SurveyCTO is an added advantage.
- Experience in performing child assessments will be an added advantage.
- Should be fluent in English
- Should be fluent and able to translate questionnaire in any or combination of the following languages: Buli, Dagbani, Frafra, Gruni, Kasem, Mamprusi, Talensi, Hausa, Dagaari, Sissali, Twi, Buem, and Ewe.
- Should be willing to travel and work in remote communities within the above-mentioned districts.
- Ability to speak a combination of languages of specific geographical location will be of great advantage
- There will be an aptitude test and interviews for external shortlisted candidates.
- Trainees who perform best at the surveyor training will be considered for auditor position.
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the online application form by clicking the link below: https://ipaghana.surveycto.com/collect/enumerator_application_form_ep_endline_lmee21?caseid=
Please take note of the following instructions:
- Candidates will only be considered for the roles, for which they applied. Those who apply for higher positions and do not qualify for those roles will not be considered for other lower positions.
- Only the newest application will be considered from candidates who submit multiple applications.
- Due to the high volume of applications received by IPA, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Applicants are also encouraged to apply early.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED