ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (MARINE ENGINEERING) – UK ROYAL ARMY
What you’ll do
Being an Engineering Technician (Marine Engineering) means being pivotal to day-to-day operations. You’ll ensure our state-of-the-art warships are powered, maintained and ready for action.
Wherever you are, whatever the problem: you’ll be finding innovative and resourceful solutions for fixing it. From day one you’ll be on the way to becoming a world-class engineer, working in some of the most challenging environments imaginable.
- Be a key part of the immense engineering effort that goes into powering our ships, keeping every operation on track and making some essential missions possible.
- Find innovative and resourceful solutions to complex problems, applying the engineering skills and knowledge you gain, in a world where there is no such thing as standard.
- Get your hands on some of the most sophisticated equipment on the planet, working with your team, under the guidance of the Marine Engineer Officer.
- Complete daily rounds, checking equipment to ensure the ship remains operational. You’ll need to be precise and pay attention to detail, because even the smallest mistake can have a big impact on the rest of the ship.
Pay and benefits
- Earn over £20,000 after Basic Training
- Rising to over £51,000 as your career progresses
- Additional pay for each day spent at sea
- An excellent non-contributory pension scheme – we pay into it for you, so you don’t have to sacrifice any salary
- Six weeks of paid holiday every year
- Free medical and dental care
- Handy discounts with lots of top brands, from Marriott hotels to Audi cars and high street stores
- Amazing opportunities, including world travel and adventurous training for two weeks every year
- Free gym and sports, from football to kayaking to kite-surfing
- Forces Help to Buy scheme – a 0% loan to get you on, or further up, the housing ladder
- Subsidised travel, accommodation and food
What you’ll need
- You must be aged between 16 to 39
- No qualifications are required for this role
- A National of the United Kingdom, a Commonwealth citizen or Dual National
- A Body Mass Index (BMI) between 18 and 28 (between 17 and 27 if under 18)
- Pass the Naval Swimming Test
Skills and interests
- A quick thinker, with a passion for working with the latest equipment and technology
- A problem-solver, with a common sense approach, who can work well as part of a team
- A real sense of adventure, with a high level of physical and mental fitness
- Enthusiasm for fixing and maintaining electronic and mechanical systems
HOW TO APPLY FOR ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (MARINE ENGINEERING) – UK ROYAL ARMY
For more Job Opportunities CLICK HERE
OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- UK JOBS: RECEPTIONIST PAID $29.8K A YEAR AND OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR PAID $57.5K
- WAREHOUSE ASSISTANT JOBS IN THE UK PAYING £24K – £30K PER ANNUM
- KITCHEN HELPER JOB PAID $15 PER HOUR IN ALBERTA
- WAITER/WAITRESS JOB PAID $19 PER HOUR IN ALBERTA
- HIGH DEMAND JOBS IN LONDON
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED