The World Health Organization’s mission: to promote health, keep the world safe, and serve the vulnerable. Working through offices in more than 150 countries, WHO staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people.
POSITION: Finance Assistant
About the job
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Description Of Duties
Support financial management through;
- Maintenance of financial records and financial transactions and ensure e-Imprest records are up-to-date and fully balanced;
- Processing of VAT and other receivable due to the Organization to ensure that are promptly recovered e.g. Staff telephone bills;
- Processing of suppliers’ invoices and monitors all requests for payments, ensuring that all supporting documents (invoices, contract, act of acceptance, etc.) are attached and properly signed, stamped and are in accordance with the delegation of authority, before making any payments.
- Liaison with GSC for all payments that are due to suppliers;
- Reconciliation of bank accounts; response to enquiries; provision of advice and guidance to clients in the Country Office and performing closely related tasks.
- Verification of financial transactions and returns e.g. DFCs, DIs, Travel Claims to the WHO country office for accuracy and compliance with the financial rules and regulations, manual and operating procedures of organization;
- Management of correspondences and responses to queries on office accounts and financial transactions as required;
- Generation of scheduled and ad hoc Global Management System reports and special reports as required to facilitate financial implementation analysis;
- Advice and assistance to staff on various financial processes, controls and operations in the GSM environment;
LATEST JOB POSTS
- SOS Employment Opportunities that will make a difference
- Group OMN available jobs at Account Office
- Massive Recruitment || AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited February 2022
- HR, Engineers, Drivers, others needed at a Construction Company
Support budgeting and work plan management through;
- Activation of new awards;
- Monitoring of work plan funding, planned costs and awards budgets;
- Salary work Plan task award mapping; review of position monitoring for prompt corrective actions to avoid Oracle Labor Distribution (OLD) issues;
- Monitoring budget implementation by analyzing expenditures & Encumbrances against award budgets, project funding, award distributions and PB allocations and when necessary, propose and support corrective actions e.g. expenditure batches;
- Generation of periodic and ad hoc budget implementation reports to program officers the management;
- Identification and processing necessary revisions to expenditures, award budgets and project funding;
- Support programs in terms of budget review/analysis;
- Review of expenditure batch requests before submission in GSM with Following up on cancellation of encumbrances in relation to travel costs and procurement of goods and services (refer to accounting instruction 45);
- Conducting regular budget analysis and produce budget and award reports to assist management and program officers on budget performance;
Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical training or commercial education with specialization in accounting, budgeting or finance.
Desirable: Diploma or higher education in accounting or finance and an accounting or finance qualification will be an advantage.
Essential: Minimum 10 years of working experience with 3 to 5 years of responsible work in finance, Budgeting and/or accounting activities.
Desirable: Experience within UN or other international or multinational organizations will be an advantage.
Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement inputs from several sources; to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; to conceptualize and carry out tasks with little supervision; to provide financial analytical reports, using appropriate software; to interpret financial rules and regulations; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
World Health Organization’s Competencies
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at GHS 151,672 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: February 28, 2022, 1:59:00 AM
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED