Technician – Mines
Preferred Nationality: Ghanaian/ West African
Responsible for performing XRF & XRD new methods, Maintenance, Calibration, Standardization:
For XRF/XRD :
- Handling PAnalytical AXIOS WD-XRF Zatium, XRD, OXI Fusion, Handheld XRF.
- Sample preparation for fused Bead by OXI fusion with Lithium Tetraborate, Sodium Tetraborate.
- Application set-up, standardization, calibration, Maintenance, Integrate of XRF/XRD.
- ability to recognize/troubleshoot problems with XRF/XRD instruments
- Interface & Intensity correction, Reference Peak Spectra, Check angle, Ph.D.
- Data acquisition & Calculation, Review, Validation.
- Quality control activities basis of Routine/Daily/Monthly.
- Scheduling all instruments for Annual Maintenance (AMC’s).
- Retesting, Replicating, Maintaining CRM’s and SRM’s, preparing the SOP’s and standards for cost control, maintaining all documents works as per NABL/ISO norms.
- Conducting Rejection Analysis and take corrective & preventive actions, maintaining 5’S and Prepared Material Handling Datasheet(MSDS), maintaining manpower as per shift schedule, Participate in safety meetings & awareness of all safety norms
- Awareness of NABL (17025-2005), ISO – QMS (9K), EMS (14K), OHSAS (18K).
For WET analysis :
- Iron ore, Manganese Ore, Tin-Tantalum, Lead-Zinc, All Ferro Alloys & Pure Metal (Steel, Nickel & Aluminium) for steel Making, DRI, HBI & Scrape
- Fluxes (Brunt Lime, Brunt Magnesite, Fluorspar, Lime Stone & Dolomite, Dephosphorizing Agent.
- Proximate, Ultimate and Chemical Analysis of Carburizers (Coke, Coal, Carbon Wire),
- Calculate Gross Calorific Value, Swelling Index, CRI/CSI, RI/RDI, Tumbler Index, and Shatter Index.
- Refractories, Slag the by Product of Steel Making.
- ISO/IEC 17025:2005 (NABL) Technical Audit, ISO 9001, ASME U, U2 & N Stamp Audits.
- Monitor and review the results of the quality assurance/control program, analyze laboratory data, and recommend treatment modifications, present data analysis in tabular and graphical forms.
- Maintain accurate and thorough records of laboratory procedures and results, ensure compliance with government regulations, prepare analytical worksheets, and reports.
- Collect samples and report findings.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation of chemical reagents.
- Perform the most complex and difficult laboratory analysis, develop new methods and techniques of analysis
Should have a working knowledge of:
- Laboratory techniques, equipment, terminology, and procedures.
- Principles and practices of qualitative and quantitative chemistry.
- Principles of chemical and physical analysis.
- Mathematical calculations used in chemical analyses.
- Proper sample collection procedures and techniques.
- Modern laboratory procedures, methods, and computer equipment.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- Advanced modern technology.
- Principles of lead supervision and training.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferably having Degree or Diploma in Instrumental & Control Engineering
Should have used Instrument like
- PAnalytical AXIOS WD-XRF Zatium, XRD
- Olympus M-Series Handheld XRF
- Leco Gas Analyzer and Carbon Sulphur Analyzer
- ICP-OES, AAS, Flame photo Meter
- Core Cutter Machine, Density Meter, PH Meter, Pulveriser, Hot Plate, OVEN, Muffle Furnace.
- Spectro photo Meter, Bomb Calorie Meter
- Maturity and leadership skills are prerequisites for the position
- Negotiations and Sourcing skills
- Analytical Skills
- Managing Tasks
- Relationship Management
- Presentable and good communication skills
- Team Management
HOW TO APPLY
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: Ongoing
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED
Subscribe to Blog via Email