Lincoln Community School is one of the leading American International Schools in Africa and currently serves a population of 760 students from over 66 different nationalities.
Duration: One Year Fixed Term Contract (Renewable)
Scope of Responsibilities
The teaching assistant will work in collaboration with the teacher to plan, teach and assess the program for the particular grade level or subject.
The assistant will take an active part in instructional activities, using strategies agreed in advance with the teacher.
In order to respond to the needs of individual students, they will get to know each student well – academically and social/emotionally.
- Assist the teacher in teaching assignments, as planned and developed by the grade level team
- Prepare teaching materials.
- Work with the teacher to organize in classroom and out of classroom division-wide events.
- Take responsibility for classroom equipment and out of classroom equipment and teach students to use and care for them responsibly.
- Work with children in small groups under the direction of the classroom teacher
- Assist the teacher with the preparation of display material.
- Take responsibility for certain organizational tasks, such as ordering lunches.
- Supervise students during break and meal times before and after school.
- Teach children how to act safely, politely, considerately and responsibly in and outside the classroom.
- Monitor areas where students work and play to ensure there are no safety hazards.
- Develop his/her professional knowledge and expertise through training offered by the school.
- Any other duties as assigned by the principal.
Required Skills or Experience
- Teaching qualification, desired
- Bachelor’s degree in French
Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven interest in inquiry-based instruction
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Experience of working in children aged 3 to 11 in a formal school setting
- Proficient IT skills
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly.
How To Apply
The compensation package for the position is competitive; salary will depend on relevant experience and qualifications.
If you have proven a proven track record of achievement in a teaching assistant role and you are interested in the opportunity to work in an international environment where you will be challenged and developed professionally then please submit the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter highlighting experience relevant to the role
- An up to date resume
The closing date for the position is 30th June 2021.
Please note that the school will only contact short listed candidates
Is Daddy Lumba truly Ev!l & Dαngɛrous? According To Roro producer this is what happened
Subscribe to Blog via Email
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED