Education Specialist Needed at Street Child International
- Contract: Full Time, 3.5 years
- Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 per annum – depending on experience (and benefits)
- Principal Location: Accra, with regular travel within Ghana
Street Child is seeking an outstanding and experienced education specialist to lead the essential education components of the flagship Ghana TransformED Partnership, an innovative payment-by-results programme and partnership with the Education Outcomes Fund and the Ministry of Education in Ghana. This programme has the ambitious aim of assuring access to education and accelerating learning levels for thousands of children, to transform the educational landscape in Ghana.
Key duties include:
Collaboration and Coherence:
- Ensure accelerated learning and school improvement programmes are informed by expertise and experience from previous programmes and reflect recent research and evidence on teaching and learning including on age-appropriate and adaptive practices, and inclusive practices;
- Engage with stakeholders to coordinate and collaborate on accelerated learning and school improvement programmes and ensure coherence of Comprehensive Basic Education [CBE] in Ghana.
- Engage with stakeholders to prepare and present evidence on progress of programmes.
- Provide significant support for achievement and attainment for out-of-school children in urban communities;
- Design and deliver a foundational learning intervention for children aged 8 to 12 and a functional learning intervention for children aged 13 to 16 including analysing core curricular standards, syllabus, and scope and sequences, adapting them for acceleration and arranging learning experiences to achieve agreed learning outcomes;
- Design and deliver learning and life skills circles for children who have transitioned to schools or Technical and Vocational Education and Training [TVET] institutions to achieve sustained success in the Basic Education Certificate of Education [BECE] and National Proficiency Certificates I and II.
- Provide excellent, effective training, mentoring, and monitoring to a team of Teaching Advisors working with teachers to achieve transformational teaching in rural and urban communities
- Design and develop a teacher proficiencies framework to inform teacher training, mentoring and monitoring, and deliver a teacher appraisal programme aligned to the National Teacher Education Curriculum Framework [NTECF] and National Teachers’ Standards [NTS];
- Design a teacher training programme and plan with an appropriate scope and sequence to strengthen and support High Impact Teaching Strategies [HITS];
- Develop and deliver training modules with specific session plans for an intensive Training of Trainers [TOT] that is engaging, stimulating and scaffolded;
- Collaborate with Teaching Advisors to conduct close tracking of teacher performance and progress.
- Provide excellent, effective training, mentoring, and monitoring to a team of Teaching Advisors working with teachers to address learning loss and accelerate learning for children in rural and urban communities;
- Design and deliver learning assessment tools and trackers aligned to national standards, including diagnostic, formative and summative assessments and equivalence assessments
- Design and deliver curriculum and instructional methods and materials [including textbooks and teacher guides] for Comprehensive Basic Education [CBE]
- Design and deliver individualisation techniques and tools to strengthen student-centred instruction in the Implementation of Comprehensive Basic Education [CBE]
- Coach and coordinate with Teaching Advisors to use a combination of evidence-informed, intensive group instruction, supplemental instruction, and surgical individualised interventions to allow advanced learners to accelerate acquisition of content and skills, and to allow additional support for less-advanced learners;
- Convene Teaching Advisors together to reflect on learning assessments, ascertain areas of improvement and plan for further individualised instruction and interventions.
Required Skills or Experience
- This role will be responsible for designing and delivering accelerated learning and school improvement programmes and for achieving outstanding outcomes across these programmes, in partnership with schools and our national and international partners. This includes designing and delivering assessment, curriculum, instructional methods and materials, teacher training and teacher performance appraisal, and also includes close coordination with the Ghana Education Services [GES] throughout.
- The role will lead a team of Teaching Advisors and will report to the Street Child Country Representative for Ghana.
Strong communication, collaboration and capacity strengthening skills are critical for success in this role.
How to Apply for the Education Specialist at Street Child
We are particularly interested in qualified national candidates, interested in a long-term commitment to this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please refer to the attachment to see the full role description and person specification. To apply for the role please send your CV and a brief covering letter outlining your suitability and motivations for applying to [email protected] no later than Monday 11th July 2022 (however applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis). Pre-employment checks will be required as part of our recruitment process in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
Street Child welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Also, For more job opportunities CLICK HERE
- Sunda International May 2022 Jobs
- GIBA latest available jobs
- Finance Officers needed in GIZ Ghana
- SECURITY PERSONNEL NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- DRIVERS NEEDED URGENTLY FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Job Vacancy at a Telecommunication Company
- Ghana National Association of Teachers Jobs for May 2022
- An oil and gas company’s Latest Job Recruitment
- Lastly, A security company Invites Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED