Africa Foresight Group (AFG) is a fast-growing tech venture that operates across the continent to build African companies into global champions through freelancing services. Our innovative platform, Peralta, connects top consulting talent from Africa and the world with companies looking to scale and professionalize.
We are a market network for top talent and believe that the future of work is Africa. Are you keen to see African companies grow to global scale? Do you believe in the freelance revolution? And do you love pursuing what is thought impossible? Then our AFG community is the right place for you.
Do you love telling stories and have you always been a gifted wordsmith? As the Editor at AFG, your will provide exceptional, informative, and appealing content to build our profile as an African company with a vision for the world. You will support with copywriting campaigns, op-eds and case studies as well as proofread texts shared with you by other team members. You will be on a mission to ensure that content out there from AFG tells a compelling story at consistent quality.
Who you are?
Your team preferences
- You are passionate about private sector development in Africa and AFG’s purpose
- You see yourself as a leader and genuinely believe that the work you choose to do has real consequences for the future of the continent
- You thrive in fast-paced, high-octane work environments that require initiative, diligence and creativity
- You are a strong communicator, both in writing and verbally, who can build relationships with senior stakeholders at ease
- You care about working in a highly supportive environment with team members who are dedicated and help each other
- You are comfortable with receiving direct feedback and are motivated to deliver results
- You are happy to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment where you need to problem solve and act on the fly
- BSc Degree from a leading African or foreign tertiary institution
- 2-4 years of working experience, with focus on African private sector and copywriting
- Experience in writing well-researched publications is a big plus
- You love writing and building clean storylines; you have proven certification of your writing skills
- Experience in managing a team and upward management
- Strong entrepreneurial skills and “can do” attitude
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, supported by team members
Case study writing
- Support with writing one 20-30-page case study about an African business per month, including research of supporting facts
- Attend interviews and calls with the business under analysis
- Edit and finalize case study based on feedback from experts and business representatives
- Help with the development of op-eds published on behalf of management team members of AFG to build the profile of the business
- Support the AFG communications team with the copywriting of social media campaigns
- Collaborate with the talent team on the development of regular blog posts about the talent journeys of colleagues in the company
- Review and edit content for websites under management of AFG
- Assist in reviewing longer documents generated by other team members in AFG to improve quality
- Establish writing guidelines that must be adhered to by all members of the company
What we offer
- Competitive, incentive-based remuneration
- Working in a 100% remote, vibrant team environment
- Constant opportunities for learning and growth
- International exposure
- Purpose-driven work experience
- Ownership of your own personal development and career advancement
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click on the link below to apply
CLOSING DATE: March 10, 2022
AFG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED