Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion, or nationality.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Ghana since 1958 in Health, Agriculture, Peacebuilding, Water and Sanitation, Microfinance, and Education programs.
- Department: Administration
- Grade: 2
- Reports To: Admin Officer
As a Driver for CRS/Ghana you shall operate all assigned agency vehicles defensively, document vehicle movements accurately and ensure all assigned vehicles are well maintained and in good repair at all times.
You will help ensure the safety and security of passengers and transported goods, support safeguarding of the Agency’s motorized assets and all other resources related to fleet operations and minimize risks and liabilities.
- Drive agency vehicle assigned in a defensive manner at all times.
- Ensure that vehicles and related equipment are in place and in good working condition at all times.
- Fill out vehicle log sheets accurately and diligently at all times.
- Report all faults and accidents promptly and correctly.
- Ensure all maintenance records and log sheets are filled appropriately.
- Vet all vehicle log sheets for the correctness of all entries before the information is captured in the Vehicle Management System database.
- Check fuel purchases from TOMCARDS receipts to VMS entries monthly to reconcile any differences.
- Track performance of vehicles from Vehicle Management reports as well as repairs and maintenance costs and notify Supervisor of any anomalies.
- Sanitise wheel and door handles to ensure protect passengers from COVID-19 infection. Follow all hygiene protocols to protect passengers.
- Ensure all vehicles are regularly and promptly maintained and repaired to maintain roadworthiness of vehicles to meet operational and other needs.
- Perform routine daily checks and diligently in accordance with Agency policy.
- Report faults and maintenance needs of vehicles and equipment to supervisor.
- Ensure that all tools and other accessories assigned are accounted for at all times.
- Fuel vehicles use mainly the TOTAL TOM CARDS.
Undertake any other assignments designated by the Supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: CP staff and Admin. Department.
- External: Visitors, partners, guests.
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of Senior High Secondary School Certificate with five (5) years’ driving experience.
- Valid Driving License (at least Class C) with a clean driving record.
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
- Experience in supporting Administrative/Logistics is an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of road traffic regulations, road network, and road safety best practices.
- Computer skills.
- Exercises good judgment, maturity, and discretion and maintains confidential information.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
- Service-oriented, proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
- Good communication and relationship management skills with the ability to interact in a mature and professional manner with persons of differing religious and cultural backgrounds.
English – must be able to communicate in oral and in writing
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
HOW TO APPLY
CLOSING DATE: by 5 pm, on 16th December 2021.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women are encouraged to apply. CRS’ emphasis on family values supports benefits, including maternity and paternity leave, policies that promote exclusive breastfeeding, the availability of a baby room at the office, and flexible working hours where possible.
Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas.
We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED