DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
- APPLY NOW || West African Health Organization Job Vacancies
- MASSIVE RECRUITTMENT || Tullow Oil Massive Job Openings
- Matrix Innovation Ltd Job Vacancies Available
About the job
Local Unit & Position Description
The Ghana Station is part of Ghana Maritime. The present team consists of full time Fleet in Service (FiS) surveyors and Sub-Contractors. Predominately the main activities are FiS Ships, Mobile Offshore Units in Operation (MOUiO) Surveys and Maritime Management Systems and a smaller number of Certification of Materials and Component (CMC) activities.
As a Surveyor in Ghana you will be key member of the Africa Maritime Team, the teams in Africa (Angola, Ghana, Nigeria and South Africa) form part of a close knit, motivated and unique group where mutual support is essential in covering DNV services across a vast continent.
Ghana forms part of Area Middle East and Africa and Region South East Europe, Middle East and Africa and you be instrumental in ensuring a highly efficient and quality focused operation.
Tasks May Include dependent upon experience and role : (Essential roles, responsibilities and activities a candidate may expect)
- Maritime Surveys and Management Systems Audits
- Hull and Machinery Surveys on vessels in service in accordance with Class Rules
- Statutory Surveys in accordance with IMO Regulations (SOLAS, MARPOL/MODU Code) etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering Discipline or equivalent
- Experience as Fleet in Service (FiS) surveyor with a Class Society would be an advantage especially Offshore Units (Drilling Units/FPSOs)
- Maritime Management Systems Audits
- Commercial knowledge/appreciation of survey/audit activities
- Business Development / Customer Relationship experience will be an advantage.
- Key Account Management experience will be an advantage.
- Behavioral competencies – excellent communication skills and potential leadership qualities.
- Travel requirement (30-40 % of the year) with respect to surveys and audits both within Ghana in West Africa.
- Customer service skills and good knowledge of Classification Societies and/or DNV’s services and products are desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested in the position, click on the link below
CLOSING DATE: March 10, 2022
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- APPLY NOW || University of Cape Coast Available Job Vacancies
- Exciting Career Opportunity At Deloitte
- Nestlé Ghana Latest Job Opportunities
- Latest Employment Opportunity At Bunge
- Lively Minds Calls For Job Applications
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED