- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Ghana
- State: Tamale
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Ghana
Title: District Field Officer
Number of Vacancies: Six (6)
Objective of assignment
A reputable organization undertaking data collection in the Northern, North East and Savanna Regions is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of a District Field Officer. The prospective candidate will manage the district office of the firm, distribute logistics, supervise some field staff and perform field monitoring activities within the following districts.
• Nanumba North
• North Gonja
North East Region
• Mamprugu Moagduri
Duration of the assignment
• This is a short term assignment and the duration will be for a period of 4months.
Qualification Required & Experience
The potential candidates must possess the following
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Management Studies or any related area of study( a Master’s degree is an added advantage)
• At least 2 years experience in office management
• Demonstrated track record of data collection in any research and or development organization
• Experience in data collection activities involving Computer Assisted Personal Interviews (CAPI)
• Experience in community mobilization and community engagement
• A strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, good relations project staff and the Local authorities
• Excellent knowledge of the geographical locations of communities in the district s/he has applied to work in.
• Must speak the predominant language (s)of the District s/he is applying for.
• Must be experienced in the use of Microsoft applications such as word, excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be ready to travel to very remote locations.
• Ability to work for long hours and out of schedule
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
Duties and Responsibilities
District Officers will be expected, among others, to perform the following duties:
• Update monitoring tools used by the team to track specified activities during data collection exercise
• Generate weekly reports during data collection and compile a general report at the end of data collection exercise of district output to supervising officers)
• Support in the distribution of logistical items on the field.
• Support communication activities in the district
• Monitor fieldwork and ensure that all processes undertaken are in compliance with the procedures and work regulations.
• Track and ensure that all communities are covered during the exercise
• Work closely with the field team to provide feedback on monitoring tools.
• Carry out administrative duties in the district office.
• Prepare district weekly, monthly reports and other responsibilities assigned
The successful candidate shall be entitled to an attractive monthly remuneration package
Location: Kpandai, Nanumba North, Zabzugu, Gushiegu, Saboba, North Gonja, Chereponi & Mamprugu Moagduri
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position should please send their CVs, which should include details of email address, telephone numbers, Certificate/testimonials, and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact: [email protected] Note:
• Indicate the district being applied for in the subject for your email
• Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached
• No Zip folders
• The organization is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date: 23 June, 2020
WhatsApp & Telegram Job Alert
To get daily Job Alerts on Whatsapp, Join Our WhatsApp Group via the link below.
NOTE: PLEASE IF YOU’RE ON ANY OF OUR WHATSAPP GROUP, DON’T JOIN THIS ONE
DOWNLOAD NEWSNOWGH MOBILE APP BELOW FOR MORE JOBS
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD AN APPLICANT PAY MONEY TO ANYONE IN GETTING A JOB WE HAVE PUBLISHED